DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram General Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   65 mile transmission dead and they're "looking" for one (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=149022)

semlohde 07-31-2013 02:02 PM

65 mile transmission dead and they're "looking" for one

I've whined in other threads but - I bought a '13 MegaCab Laramie LongHorn 2500 Cummins on the July 20th. Drove home and the next morning started out and transmission died. They found metal and jelly in it - total miles are 65. I talked with the tech and he said it was full of some unknown thick jelly!!! So everyone is being VERY nice. But when I ask WHY am I not getting the very next transmission off the line - CHECKED LIKE THE PLANT MANAGER WILL BE FIRED IF ITS BAD - all I get is I don't know.

So can someone explain why when a major component is bad, and all agree get a new one - the next produced isn't mine! I asked the case manager this and the email is 4 days old with no answer. I mean, isn't the plant making transmissions? Like more than one a week? And aren't most going to a truck that's going to sit on a lot for a few months while mine is backed to the wall waiting for "someone" to "find" a transmission? Where are they going to just "find" one, in the back corner of a run down abandoned Pure gas station? I was told they are back ordered and I was number 13, expected date is August 27th. Rest assured that ALL the joy of this expensive purchase is just a bad experience now, and they sold my trade yesterday. Dealer is great, he's got to wait also.

Warlock III 07-31-2013 02:09 PM

I did see your other posts. Is this how they made 1/2 a billion in the last 1/4? Take the consumer's money, not to mention the payments have to be made on time. Unless they're giving you payment amnesty, which I doubt, and don't give 'em anything?

I'm not trash talking about the brand, but it does have me wondering.

No start issues that don't exist, trucks ordered and no transmissions for them either, pushed back delivery dates, etc...

dodge man 07-31-2013 03:01 PM

The supply is set up to go to the assembly plant, not for the dealers. Its probably a separate supply chain for replacement parts. That doesn't make it right, but that is how it works.

Ramzaq 07-31-2013 04:41 PM

Sorry to here about your problems, I would be po'd too.

I know they keep the spare parts chain pretty lean, trying to keep costs down and meet production with those same parts in new vehicles. Unfortunately it is the customer who suffers with all this.

Is there a Chrysler customer care rep on this site? I know a few other sites have them and they have been somewhat helpful in problems like these. You may want to try to contact one and see if they can help expedite your problem.

Gantman 07-31-2013 04:58 PM

semlohde? If your vehicle has only 65 miles, why not argue with your dealership for a brand new truck?

Warlock III 07-31-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gantman (Post 1164322)
semlohde? If your vehicle has only 65 miles, why not argue with your dealership for a brand new truck?

I was thinking the same thing, but then they'd probably have to sell it as used as opposed to a demo and take a bath.

If it were me, I'd ask for a loaner and when they agreed, tell 'em you just meant the transmission out of it, not the whole truck.

Which brings another point to mind. Why don't THEY take one out of a truck on the lot and put the replacement back in that truck

Gantman 07-31-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warlock III (Post 1164331)
I was thinking the same thing, but then they'd probably have to sell it as used as opposed to a demo and take a bath.

If it were me, I'd ask for a loaner and when they agreed, tell 'em you just meant the transmission out of it, not the whole truck.

Which brings another point to mind. Why don't THEY take one out of a truck on the lot and put the replacement back in that truck

100% agree on that option as well. With all the crap thats been assembled by angry/disgruntled employees, it's crazy hearing this stuff still getting passed by QC and getting out to the lots.:doh:

semlohde 07-31-2013 06:32 PM

The Chrysler case manager told me the 26th -- the department that is assisting with getting your Transmission obtained and sent to the dealership has already begun their search -- would let him know when they found one- but again I can't see searching anywhere but the assembly line. I mean, where else might one be - not full of jelly!? I flat can not understand "searching". As far as expedited, can't say, but I don't have my truck! And I would love a new truck over this but the dealer isn't going to take a bath on 65k sticker, and another dealer isn't either sending one off his lot. And if they moved as fast on getting another mega cab here who's to say it isn't a junker also. I've lost faith - they can all be as nice as they want, and certainly have been. And of course my mind wonders whats in the 4x4 gears and rear end - just waiting to die. As for quality control - heh, I shouldn't comment!! Whoever signed that QC sheet on this tranny IS OUTTA HERE. Oh well, certainly ranks right up there.

Gantman 07-31-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semlohde (Post 1164388)
The Chrysler case manager told me the 26th -- the department that is assisting with getting your Transmission obtained and sent to the dealership has already begun their search -- would let him know when they found one- but again I can't see searching anywhere but the assembly line. I mean, where else might one be - not full of jelly!? I flat can not understand "searching". As far as expedited, can't say, but I don't have my truck! And I would love a new truck over this but the dealer isn't going to take a bath on 65k sticker, and another dealer isn't either sending one off his lot. And if they moved as fast on getting another mega cab here who's to say it isn't a junker also. I've lost faith - they can all be as nice as they want, and certainly have been. And of course my mind wonders whats in the 4x4 gears and rear end - just waiting to die. As for quality control - heh, I shouldn't comment!! Whoever signed that QC sheet on this tranny IS OUTTA HERE. Oh well, certainly ranks right up there.

It is funny how you mentioned on how the hell jelly like substance got in there. All I can say is it is nice to be mechanically inclined and a whole lot a old skool. With my truck, I changed all my fluids because of human sabotage like you mentioned.

huntergreen 07-31-2013 09:17 PM

haven't heard of sabotage in the auto industry since the seventies.