DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Videos (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   My Truck (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=149140)

Salt And Vinegar 08-01-2013 05:18 PM

My Truck

I've had a few people ask me about what my truck looked like and for some reason this site is difficult to post pictures on.. yadda yadda, and I've been told to use photo bucket but I haven't found the time to do that, but I do have a Youtube channel so I posted a little video of it all deleted. So, without further ado, here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quYzw...u_u6lMzj_ctHtA

I put it on HOT tune for the clip, so it is rolling coal. I know a lot of people aren't a fan of smoke blowing but in Alberta there isn't laws against it. I usually run it it Mild or Wild, less smoke. I'm aware that its unburned fuel.

I'll try to get another video of it actually moving so you can hear the Exhaust brake better. and hear it under load. Its a 4" turbo back straight pipe, all cats/DPF and mufflers deleted, and EGR deleted.

Hope y'all enjoy!

Canadian Hemi Pride 08-01-2013 07:39 PM

When I come to Alberta next year for my co-op in the oil fields.. I am stealing your truck and bringing it home. Sorry, but it is happening. Your truck is exactly what I want for my next one. Well would prefer all blacked out, but that will do. Very clean looking and excellent job with the guages and the mounting spot for the tuner. Awesome, especially rolling coal.. Who the hell wouldn't like it.. Hybrid repellent:cowb:

brandonjansen 08-01-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride (Post 1165364)
When I come to Alberta next year for my co-op in the oil fields.. I am stealing your truck and bringing it home. Sorry, but it is happening. Your truck is exactly what I want for my next one. Well would prefer all blacked out, but that will do. Very clean looking and excellent job with the guages and the mounting spot for the tuner. Awesome, especially rolling coal.. Who the hell wouldn't like it.. Hybrid repellent:cowb:

Not if I get there first!!! :gy:

Sick truck Salt and Vinegar! Love the sound and the look. I'm definitely super jealous right now. I need to get myself a Cummins! This actually makes me want to throw mine up for sale this second :doh:

Salt And Vinegar 08-02-2013 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjansen (Post 1165372)
Not if I get there first!!! :gy:

Sick truck Salt and Vinegar! Love the sound and the look. I'm definitely super jealous right now. I need to get myself a Cummins! This actually makes me want to throw mine up for sale this second :doh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride (Post 1165364)

Haha, thanks for the replies guys! I really appreciate it. It's a sweet truck to drive for sure. I was in high school when this body style first came out and I made it my goal to own one. I was especially stoked to find a manual Laramie sitting on the dealer lot tucked away in the back. Those gauges are the ISS-PRO EV2 max visibility ones, gen 4 factory match.

The mount H&S sells is called the overhead mount, I saw it on Diesel Power's project "Spoiled Nasty" build and though after that: to hell with sticking it on my windshield. It's kind of a PITA to install because it goes up into the headliner, but if your going to do the A-pillar gauges you'll be routing the wiring through there anyways so its best to kill two birds with the same stone and do the overhead mount and A-pillar gauges at the same time.

I used to drive an '08 Silverado so I know what its like coming from a half-ton to a diesel. I don't wanna be a bad influence but its totally worth it. 33" tires on the 5.3L vortec got me 17.3L/100K. My fully deleted Cummins on 35's gets 13.0L/100KM hiway and 15.0L city (and thats still bagging it) I love to crack the throttle.

Mr Al 08-02-2013 07:25 AM

Your truck roars like a lion! :D

LowUFO 08-02-2013 08:13 AM

Want.

blahblahblah for the 15 character minimum.

Canadian Hemi Pride 08-03-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salt And Vinegar (Post 1165768)
Haha, thanks for the replies guys! I really appreciate it. It's a sweet truck to drive for sure. I was in high school when this body style first came out and I made it my goal to own one. I was especially stoked to find a manual Laramie sitting on the dealer lot tucked away in the back. Those gauges are the ISS-PRO EV2 max visibility ones, gen 4 factory match.

The mount H&S sells is called the overhead mount, I saw it on Diesel Power's project "Spoiled Nasty" build and though after that: to hell with sticking it on my windshield. It's kind of a PITA to install because it goes up into the headliner, but if your going to do the A-pillar gauges you'll be routing the wiring through there anyways so its best to kill two birds with the same stone and do the overhead mount and A-pillar gauges at the same time.

I used to drive an '08 Silverado so I know what its like coming from a half-ton to a diesel. I don't wanna be a bad influence but its totally worth it. 33" tires on the 5.3L vortec got me 17.3L/100K. My fully deleted Cummins on 35's gets 13.0L/100KM hiway and 15.0L city (and thats still bagging it) I love to crack the throttle.

Yeah I was in highschool when the style came out too.. But shit there isn't a chance I am gonna be able to afford one of them until I hit up Fort Mac with a fully paid co-op:LOL:... I drive an f350 and a 98 cummins at work.. Just a whole different level.

Chunkem 08-11-2013 04:21 PM

That is sweet......Thanks for sharing.....

nfd538 08-13-2013 11:43 PM

Can't beat the sound of a cummins. Sounds nice. Oh I miss my 05 CTD.

brandonjansen 10-10-2013 01:38 PM

Hey Salt And Vinegar, do you happen to know the part number of your exhaust kit? I love the sound of yours but all the aFe kits I find have a muffler. I haven't been able to find any straight pipe ones. Also, is your system stainless or aluminized?