DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What to mod next?? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=149198)

FloridaRam 08-02-2013 12:17 PM

What to mod next??

Alright guys, so far i've done a cat back exhaust, K&N intake system, ported throttle body, and BD tuner for my 4.7. I'm wondering what else I can do for a little more horsepower/torque that wont break the bank??

brandonjansen 08-02-2013 01:53 PM

Not sure if they make any long tube headers for the 4.7's but if they do that would be your best bet. Did you change out the factory Y-pipe as well?

On a side note. I have pretty much the same engine mods done to my 4.7 minus the ported throttle body. How do you like yours? Do you feel like it actually made a significant difference? It's one of the things I've been on the fence about doing.

Asur 08-02-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjansen (Post 1166001)
Not sure if they make any long tube headers for the 4.7's but if they do that would be your best bet. Did you change out the factory Y-pipe as well?

On a side note. I have pretty much the same engine mods done to my 4.7 minus the ported throttle body. How do you like yours? Do you feel like it actually made a significant difference? It's one of the things I've been on the fence about doing.

I did mine :gy:

brandonjansen 08-02-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asur (Post 1166008)

Haha, I know you did Asur. I've read through your entire thread on it. lol. Just looking for a second opinion on it, that's all...

FloridaRam 08-02-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjansen (Post 1166001)

For the exhaust I did the standard from the CAT back didnt get to crazy with it because I already had all this other stuff on the credit card :LOL: I just recently started looking around for a decent set of headers for the 4.7 but have been unlucky in my search so far.
As far as the throtlle body I got that after I saw Asur's write up on it. To me it feels like I have much better throttle response then with the stock TB and I really felt a difference with the BD tuner on the 91 octane setting. IMHO I think it's definately a mod worth doing because it would work well with the other mods you already have.

brandonjansen 08-02-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asur (Post 1166008)

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloridaRam (Post 1166057)
For the exhaust I did the standard from the CAT back didnt get to crazy with it because I already had all this other stuff on the credit card :LOL: I just recently started looking around for a decent set of headers for the 4.7 but have been unlucky in my search so far.
As far as the throtlle body I got that after I saw Asur's write up on it. To me it feels like I have much better throttle response then with the stock TB and I really felt a difference with the BD tuner on the 91 octane setting. IMHO I think it's definately a mod worth doing because it would work well with the other mods you already have.

Haha, for sure. I definitely know how that goes. It can add up on the credit card pretty quick unfortunately.

Ya, can't say I've seen any headers for the 4.7's around either.... If anything I've maybe read a bit about them in snrusnak's build thread. Might be worth checking out.

That's what I'm thinking. The throttle body should work well with the tuner and other mods I have... especially if I bump up to the premium tune (I've only ran the regular tune so far). I think that will definitely go on my list of future mods. Unfortunately this month my mod fund is a little low. Had to finish paying off my lift and now I have a few extra things to buy because of it such as spacers for my airbags and an adjustable drop hitch. The list is never ending!! :doh:

Hopefully sometime in the fall I'll be able to get a throttle body on it.

HemiLonestar 08-02-2013 07:48 PM

4.56's and a converter.

Astartes 08-04-2013 09:14 AM

make your truck water tight.... LOL

izzy 08-04-2013 11:19 AM

have any of you tested your trucks on the track or a dyno after adding these 4 performance mods (exhaust, CAI, BD tuner, & Throttle Body) ?
just wondering what the results are or could be for what it loks like the max potential this enigine...?

brandonjansen 08-05-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astartes (Post 1167214)
make your truck water tight.... LOL

Or just don't drive it into a creek! :LOL: :gy: