DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Suspension (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=192)
-   -   Dragging brakes (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=149297)

89powerram 08-03-2013 04:39 PM

Dragging brakes
 
I unhooked my ebrake cause I thought it was the cause but at low speeds I can feel my driver side brake or ebrake drag can anybody help

HemiLonestar 08-03-2013 06:34 PM

Sounds like you have a sticking caliper. If so, 2 choices, rebuild or replace.

89powerram 08-04-2013 10:03 PM

Had a sticking caliper and ebrake replaced caliper brakes are amazingly better and I adjusted the ebrake to the loosest setting and now I have a abs and brake light on please help

mb power wagon 08-05-2013 04:15 PM

check the wires to the sensors on the calipers you replaced. maybe they aren't plugged in or you have a cracked wire

HemiLonestar 08-05-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mb power wagon (Post 1168463)
check the wires to the sensors on the calipers you replaced. maybe they aren't plugged in or you have a cracked wire

What wires to the calipers do you speak of? :confused:

mb power wagon 08-06-2013 01:55 AM

the wires to the abs sensors on the wheels you changes the calipers on.

HemiLonestar 08-06-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mb power wagon (Post 1168962)
the wires to the abs sensors on the wheels you changes the calipers on.

LOL the wires don't go to the caliper, they are part of the hub bearing. That's why it is important to know if you have 2 or 4 wheel ABS when you go to replace your hubs. They have nothing to do with the caliper.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 89powerram (Post 1167791)
Had a sticking caliper and ebrake replaced caliper brakes are amazingly better and I adjusted the ebrake to the loosest setting and now I have a abs and brake light on please help

Did you lose alot of fluid when you rebuilt/replaced the caliper? Was it bled? If you lost enough, the ABS module may need to be bled (requires diagnostic tool). Also you'll probably need to readjust your e-brake as it isn't supposed to be as loose as you make it sound.

mb power wagon 08-08-2013 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiLonestar (Post 1169594)
LOL the wires don't go to the caliper, they are part of the hub bearing. That's why it is important to know if you have 2 or 4 wheel ABS when you go to replace your hubs. They have nothing to do with the caliper.



Did you lose alot of fluid when you rebuilt/replaced the caliper? Was it bled? If you lost enough, the ABS module may need to be bled (requires diagnostic tool). Also you'll probably need to readjust your e-brake as it isn't supposed to be as loose as you make it sound.

i understand the wires go to the hub and not the caliper but it won't cost anything to see if the wires got damaged while working on the braking system that is attached to the hub. something as simple as a slip with a wrench or ratchet when loosening or tightening bolts can hit the wires and cause damage sometimes without even realizing the slip hit the wires. thats what i was meaning. i have done it without knowing and have seen others do it as well and never knew they damaged the wires.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger