DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   4.7L (287 cu in) PowerTech V8 Specific Topics (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=211)
-   -   It never ends... No power at all (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=149344)

Astartes 08-03-2013 03:32 PM

Oil change? Check Trans fluid? Check ...

Now it says service 4wd After my adventure of submerging my truck. What should I do to self remedy this? I mean i am at the point where I am afraid to drive the damn thing after the trans fluid change. (which came out milky white and red)... At first I thought the transmission pan was over heating I almost had a heart attack. Then I noticed a ton of trans fluid on the exhaust pipe just under it which had come out when i dropped the pan originally. but still unsure. I cleaned it up. Should I clean the front differential before I drive it? Or the coolant? I am about ready to just jump in it and give it a go, but I know its probably a bad idea

Astartes 08-04-2013 09:29 AM

It never ends... No power at all

It would appear this morning after waking up to go work on the truck its completely freaking useless. No power at all. I had to take the actual key out to unlock it. Got in and out of curiosity put the regular key in the ignition and twisted, NOTHING HAPPENED. Windows, nothing! Locks, NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! God damn it, this is turning into a night mare. Any ideas?

Asur 08-04-2013 09:47 AM

Well that sucks, now as for why, hmmm, could be a ton of stuff, or something as simple as a corroded ground wire. You will have to start from the battery, check it, and then work your way through the system till you find whats not clicking. Best of luck.

Asur 08-04-2013 10:10 AM

When you emptied your tranny was it nice and red fluids or was it white / pink, if it was all red you should be good to change the filter and add back some fluids, if it was not, then you will need to flush out everything, even the torque converter. Best is get someone who as done this before, I never did it and you might need to bring it in to have that done.

jerseymike 08-04-2013 10:18 AM

Yeah sounds like a short causing a slow drain. Most likely from getting wet. I would charge the battery and if it starts go for a long drive to dry everything out or you could let it sit for a few days to dry out but I don't have that kind of patience. Good luck.

Warlock III 08-04-2013 10:26 AM

I'd check the starter and see if it has water trapped inside of it. It could easily cause a short and drain the battery.

Astartes 08-04-2013 10:29 AM

its charging right now from my mustang.... its just beeping and has left turn signal on?????....

Warlock III 08-04-2013 10:32 AM

Doh! The power distribution box is on the left front, right?

That's the part of the truck that went the deepest.

I'd look there and start pulling and shaking the relays (listen for water). Make sure there's no water causing connections from sitting under the relays. Maybe unbolt it and dry it real good.

Astartes 08-04-2013 10:36 AM

I did negative on bad battery grounded, positive to postive bad battery, and positive positive negative negative good battery, turned the mustang on, waited.... the truck was blinking, and then it just stopped. tried to turn it on, nothing.

Astartes 08-04-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warlock III (Post 1167263)
Doh! The power distribution box is on the left front, right?

That's the part of the truck that went the deepest.

I'd look there and start pulling and shaking the relays (listen for water). Make sure there's no water causing connections from sitting under the relays. Maybe unbolt it and dry it real good.

not sure, you got a picture of the box and what wires i should be messing with?