DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   Front Seat uncomfortable ? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=149418)

HM1 08-05-2013 12:39 AM

Front Seat uncomfortable ?

Never seen anyone complaining about their front seats. After 5 minutes i am constantly squirming around in the seat trying to get away from the bottom side bolsters that are poking me. I am 6'2 200 lbs. i do fit between the bolsters but they poke my hip area. My other cars have nice bolsters,no issues
Just curious if i am the only one. I will probably remove the seat cover
and shave down the bolster to give it a incline shape instead of the hump shape it has.

shaner82 08-05-2013 07:21 AM

I think the seats are the most comfortable I've ever had in a vehicle. Other people say the same thing when they sit in my truck.

mikeysotp 08-05-2013 07:31 AM

6'3" 245lbs. and no problem here. Leaving on a long trip on Friday so I guess I'll have to pay a little more attention to it now. My commute to work is 3.1 miles so the seat would have to be pretty freakin' bad for it to bother me then!

edge35 08-05-2013 07:33 AM

I find them to be ok, but as someone who spends a lot of time in a car I know first hand that even a seat that 99% of the population thinks is awesome can be pure torture to at least a few people. My buddy and I are opposites in this regard...I liked the seats in the Caprice but don't care for those in later model Crown Vics. He hated the Caprice seats but has no problem with the Crown Vic's. Weirdo.

I'm guessing you've already tried to adjust the seat every which way so as to sit in it a bit differently. Outside of modifying the seat the only other thing I can think of would be one of the many cushions they sell for automotive seats.

Asur 08-05-2013 07:39 AM

No issues with the driver seat here, never tried the others.

sailcat 08-05-2013 08:01 AM

I'm 6 ft 6 at 300lbs and I just came back from a 4400 mile trip and I think these are the most comfortable seats I have ever driven with. In all other trucks I have owed I was constantly adjusting them to a different position, I didn't the seat position at all on this last trip. Great seats and my wife agrees.

FeedMetal 08-05-2013 08:08 AM

only ever sat in drivers seat. but i find the headrest so annoying, took me forever to get it to stop bugging me a lot but now i feel like i have to adjust often and slide my butt back in the seat n sit up. havnt found the perfect seat up for the seat yet. but atm i will leave well enough alone

Grimass 08-05-2013 08:46 AM

I have a Laramie, and it took me 2-3 days to get the Pedals/Sterring wheel/Seat arrangement "Just Right" ... For us taller guys, I think the fact that there isn't a Telescoping steering wheel that really makes it a bit more difficult to find that "Sweet Spot".

Until I got it right, I kept finding myself sitting askew so that my arms wouldn't get fatigued -- which made the seat seem uncomfortable. What seemed to work for me is I now have my seat back more "upright" than I normally would and that was the magic spot.

My only gripe now in my knee hits the steering column -- but, I have had this problem on half the cars I ever owned, so I'm used to it.

FeedMetal 08-05-2013 08:59 AM

yeah seems to be the only way i can get comfortable. seem to have the same problem. i wouldnt really consider myself a tall guy but a 5'11" i shouldnt really be hitting my knees. i dont have adjustable pedals so makes it a little harder for me to find that spot in the my Sport. can only adjust seat and steering wheel. slowly getting there tho (to where i want it)

Hue1jack 08-05-2013 10:12 AM

My wife and I took a test drive in a SLT with the regular bench seats and within 5 minutes we complained to each other about the middle of the backs of the seats pushing against us uncomfortably. We then test drove a truck with the bucket seats and found those to be fine. We then ordered our 2014 SLT with the bucket seats.
I should also mention that each of us currently have bucket seats in our Frontier and Tacoma and we like those seats very much.