DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Bad Customer Service (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=149463)

toober 08-05-2013 02:28 PM

Bad Customer Service

I went to pickupspecialties.com and got 'George Alvarez' on the live chat feature. I asked the first thing: Do you price beat nerf bars/mounts?
and he closed the live chat without a response. Guess I'll definitely stay away from that place.

Hermes1 08-05-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toober (Post 1168431)
I went to pickupspecialties.com and got 'George Alvarez' on the live chat feature. I asked the first thing: Do you price beat nerf bars/mounts?
and he closed the live chat without a response. Guess I'll definitely stay away from that place.

Are you sure he "closed" the chat and there was not a technical glitch? Perhaps you should try again.

toober 08-05-2013 02:39 PM

My chat window was still open when it said he ended the chat session. Maybe it's something they need to look into to keep the next customer.

02 Ram 08-05-2013 03:02 PM

Sorry to hear, that is really bad on their part. We would be happy to assist you in price matching. email us at www.sales@bullysperformance.com and let them know Tony sent you

BravoFoxtrot 08-05-2013 03:15 PM

I wouldn't jump to a conclusion on customer service because of a chat window that closed. He may have had a technical problem or human error on his end. If he would have replied with a caustic answer and then closed the chat, I would be more inclined to say it was bad customer service.

toober 08-20-2013 02:44 PM

But wait, there's more (apparently). So I ended up ordering the nerf bars from autoanything on August 5th. Let's just say I still can't put the part on my truck because of them.

They sent me two boxes, the nerf bars and the mount. They sent me the wrong mount. Once I realized that I contacted them and sent it back. They said they would ship me the correct mount when they had proof the original was on it's way. Okay, seems fair even though they screwed up to begin with. I packed it back up and sent them the fedex tracking number. I call today to find out where the heck my order is. Lady says they refunded the money to my card instead of a credit. Uhm, what does that mean? I'm the customer, where's my stuff?

At any rate, they seriously screwed the pooch on this one. Seems they refunded the cost of the mount back to my credit card. Now I have to order it again, meanwhile, the actual bars are installed on my living room floor because they can't mount to the truck yet. Lady said she asked her manager if they could discount it for all my troubles and her manager said no. So I had to pay for the mount again and they'll be shipping it out soon hopefully. It has now been 15 days since I originally placed my order. I never realized it would be a month before I could install the part on my truck by ordering from here.

Autoanything lost me as a future customer due to my very first order with them. The next item I get for my truck will be an $800 tonneau cover and I GUARANTEE I will be buying that from another company at this point. Can people recommend any companies that care about their customers?

battlerattle 08-20-2013 03:48 PM

Your not the only one who hashad issues with Autoanything's customer service.

Seems to me the profit margin on these online retailers is pretty slim and they cant afford to hire competent individuals......perhaps its time to revisit the brick and mortar stores. At least I know where they will be tomorrow.

toober 08-20-2013 05:05 PM

Oh my god! It's getting worse! I just received another email after the confirmation one they sent me earlier today on the 'reorder'....

AutoAnything Order #72243956 - Revised Shipping Date
From AutoAnything
To ------
Date Today 15:35
Revised Shipping Date

Hi ------,

We would like to give you an update regarding order #72243956. Unfortunately, your order has been delayed, and your new shipping date is as follows:

Dee Zee 6" Oval Nerf Bars (Qty: 1)
Revised Shipping Date: 8/28/2013

Thebestestdrummer 08-21-2013 12:39 AM

for the original post, are you sure it was actually their websites chat box? Sometimes its an advertisement and you're supposed to click on it and it'll take you somewhere else. Or sometimes a pop up that your pop up blocker could've blocked.

And sorry about the bad luck with the nerf bars!

toober 08-21-2013 10:20 AM

I'm pretty sure I clicked on the 'Live Help Click Here' pic under their phone number. If they're advertising with ads that look like that, then maybe they should rethink their advertisers. But that's not my concern, I'm the customer and will go somewhere else if service is bad.

Looking back at my order, I ordered part #X, they sent me part #y, got it? So if they sent me the wrong part, shouldn't they still have the part #x I originally ordered in stock? Where is the one I ordered? How are they backordered now? Are they trying to say they actually sold more than they had in stock?

Personally, I think they may have purposely sent me the wrong item because it was backordered and they didn't want me to cancel, although I'm very close to just sending the actual bars back at this point.