DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   Cab Not Centered (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=149505)

BravoFoxtrot 08-05-2013 09:09 PM

Cab Not Centered

I noticed that the cab on my 4 week old truck is not centered when waxing it this weekend. At first I thought the bed wasn't centered, but after taking numerous measurements at multiple locations I determined the cab is ~ 5/8" off center towards the driver's side.

I don't know if I really care about this, but this is the first truck that I've owned where the cab and bed didn't line up reasonably close. Anyone else notice this on yours?

I'm heading to the dealer when I'm back in town next week for several unrelated paint issues (which I also don't really care about, but want documented).

Love the truck, but for a $50K vehicle I'm surprised about some of the exterior problems.

Joe

Grubrunner 08-05-2013 09:41 PM

What good is it that your dealership documents these issues you don't "really care about" without asking them to address them?

Anyway, can you post pictures of what you're claiming is 5/8th of an inch off center as far as your cabin goes?

GTyankee 08-05-2013 09:53 PM

some of the 4th Gen Rams have also had either the bed or cab being off center
if it bothers you, get it fixed
no one else may ever notice it, but it will bug you until it is fixed

HM1 08-05-2013 10:17 PM

I am not even going to look at my cab to see if it is straight, front bumper was bad enough. Good luck. Unforfunately most have some small paint issues if you really really look, mine had one, fairly significant one, but there is no way i will have them fix it. It would never match.

bigbody 08-05-2013 10:21 PM

Had the body shop at my dealer straiten mine out just loosen the cab bolts and slid it over, that also helped with the bumper cover issue

BravoFoxtrot 08-05-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grubrunner (Post 1168833)
What good is it that your dealership documents these issues you don't "really care about" without asking them to address them?

Anyway, can you post pictures of what you're claiming is 5/8th of an inch off center as far as your cabin goes?

Bubbles and runs are prime locations for corrosion. As with any manufacturing defect, it's wise to show these to the service department as soon as they are found or as soon as possible. In my case, I'd rather have it documented that I brought the vehicle in for the paint defects than to submit the truck for the extensive work required to repair it. Hence why I'm not concerned about it the moment. I believe most are cosmetic at the moment and not in dire need of repair. I would have thought this was common sense?

As for the pics, I'll post one of the bed/cab misalignment.

GTyankee-
It doesn't really bother me. This is the first truck out of many where I've noticed this. I'm curious what the acceptable tolerances or margins are for something like this. I'm also curious as to what others' experiences are/were when a similar issue was brought to a service department's attention.

Joe