DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   Mopar cai now available, pricing SUCKS!!!!! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=149546)

Warwagon 08-06-2013 10:53 AM

Mopar cai now available, pricing SUCKS!!!!!
 
Just called the stealership too find out the cost of the Mopar cai for my 2013 sport. Seems they have it sorted out now and are selling them.....
$808.00 +.13% tax here in Ontario Canada
I'm sorry but that's insane for what it is.
Too many other options out there for MUCH MUCH less that do the same thing
Once again the powers that be have dropped the ball :wow:

Asur 08-06-2013 11:07 AM

wow, is it gold plated? :Wow1:

DAA 08-06-2013 11:13 AM

Close to a thousand bucks, for a CAI?!?!?!?!

That is beyond stupid. Any CAI at any price is pretty much just a waste of money anyway, but $800+??? That's insane.

- DAA

Chunkem 08-06-2013 11:24 AM

Yeah I didnt pay anything close to that... I worked out a deal due to my truck taking such a long time to arrive.....I totally agree... I wouldn't pay that either.... I do like it though but not for that price.....Glad I worked out a price....You may want to look at going to the states....

Whiplash 08-06-2013 12:11 PM

why not order it from the states...?
set up a US address and have it delivered there, go pick it up and just pay the 13% on the way back across

i'm building a bike and have spent around 9k so far....
if i'd have paid Canadian prices i'd be near 20 grand, no thanx!!!

have only had the 2013 for a little over a week now but when i'm ready to start modding it believe me i'll be going stateside

Chunkem 08-06-2013 12:13 PM

Yep...Totally agree.....Apparently they are worth 400 in the states.....Don't need to many tools...Put it on before you come back.....

Monster5601 08-06-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warwagon (Post 1169126)
Just called the stealership too find out the cost of the Mopar cai for my 2013 sport. Seems they have it sorted out now and are selling them.....
$808.00 +.13% tax here in Ontario Canada
I'm sorry but that's insane for what it is.
Too many other options out there for MUCH MUCH less that do the same thing
Once again the powers that be have dropped the ball :wow:

Wow, insane pricing.

Does anyone know how many CFMs the stock system can flow (Hemi)? Do makers of after market CAI systems publish their CFMs? What is the maximum CFMs can the Hemi ingest?

I would like to make an informed purchase, if I'm going to invest then I want a system that can flow what the Hemi can eat without restrictions.

Asur 08-06-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monster5601 (Post 1169207)
Wow, insane pricing.

Does anyone know how many CFMs the stock system can flow (Hemi)? Do makers of after market CAI systems publish their CFMs? What is the maximum CFMs can the Hemi ingest?

I would like to make an informed purchase, if I'm going to invest then I want a system that can flow what the Hemi can eat without restrictions.

I read somewhere on here that the OEM intake on our trucks can provide perfectly for up to 500 hp, Take into consideration that the OEM intake is a CAI and was designed to be very efficient.

Whiplash 08-06-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunkem (Post 1169204)
Yep...Totally agree.....Apparently they are worth 400 in the states.....Don't need to many tools...Put it on before you come back.....

if i was going down for a couple of days i'd do that Chunkem :) I can get there and back in a little over an hour (15 minutes crossing to crossing), so i've got a bit of a "habitual" grading...if i'm putting parts on they're gonna know lol

was out your way a couple of weeks back...my folks are in Delhi
all them pretty windmills....they afraid of breaking them? didn't see a single one of them running going or coming

Chunkem 08-06-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiplash (Post 1169217)
if i was going down for a couple of days i'd do that Chunkem :) I can get there and back in a little over an hour (15 minutes crossing to crossing), so i've got a bit of a "habitual" grading...if i'm putting parts on they're gonna know lol

was out your way a couple of weeks back...my folks are in Delhi
all them pretty windmills....they afraid of breaking them? didn't see a single one of them running going or coming

LOL...too funny....Yeah Im just a stone throw away frm Delhi....I'm in Waterford......Next time let me know when you come back out this way.....


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger