DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   question about tires.. help please need advice! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=149706)

gjayf77 08-07-2013 05:54 PM

question about tires.. help please need advice!
 
I have the stock wrangler sra tires with the white lettering.. i am not really a fan of that so im wanting to switch them inside out. is it true that i will also lead an alignment just for turning them inside out? a shop told me i would and it doesnt make sense... help really appreciate thank you! :4-dontknow:

RLM5150 08-07-2013 06:02 PM

Alignment, no. Balancing, yes.

gjayf77 08-07-2013 06:04 PM

thank you for the response... a stupid question here but what is the difference between balancing and aligning?

edge35 08-07-2013 06:09 PM

I've never heard of needing an alignment just for flipping the tires.

gjayf77 08-07-2013 06:14 PM

how many of you hAve the locking lug nuts installed? the one that come in the glove compartment?

Explorer Rob 08-07-2013 06:17 PM

I have the locking lugs installed on my Longhorn.

Thunderhorse 08-07-2013 06:24 PM

I have them installed on my Lone Star

Irv 08-07-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gjayf77 (Post 1170577)
thank you for the response... a stupid question here but what is the difference between balancing and aligning?

An alignment is to ensure your tires/wheel are running true/straight with the right amount of camber etc.
A balancing ensures the tires/rims are not heavy on one side causing wheel shake that you can feel in the steering wheel while driving.

Google some vids or more info as I am sure there is a ton of it out there?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gjayf77 (Post 1170582)
how many of you hAve the locking lug nuts installed? the one that come in the glove compartment?

Mine came installed, the key is in the glove box.

Ball 08-08-2013 03:31 PM

Save yourself the time and money. I dislike raised white letters on my tires and simply use a black majic marker to black them out. Been doing that for years and works very well. Just did it on my new one as well.

Grubrunner 08-08-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ball (Post 1171455)
Save yourself the time and money. I dislike raised white letters on my tires and simply use a black majic marker to black them out. Been doing that for years and works very well. Just did it on my new one as well.

How is longevity?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger