DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   serious ballz! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=149906)

anothernewb 08-09-2013 11:53 AM

serious ballz!

a bit of background info - I could totally see what happened today in a larger metro area, but I live in a small enough community where the typical front page news is if the local cafe changed it's coffee supplier.

to the story:
I drive by one of the larger dealerships on my way to work, and often check out the trade in's just for fun. Well, a few days ago someone traded in a lightly, but very high quality modified BMW M3. (I've always had a sweet spot for bimmers) At any rate, I looked at it with some longing. It's had some of the usual done to it that one would expect with that kind of car. But what caught my eye was the components. Someone spent real money on the mods. There was some of the real BMW GT components on it. no money was wasted on stickers and the usual cheapo crap. everything was lined up well, and had thought put into it. It was a mover, not a shower.

To make a long story short, I drive by it today and something looks odd to me, and I pull in to the dealership, when it suddenly smacks me what looks strange. The back end is jacked up with a pair of junkyard stands and the front end is laying on the ground! Somebody jacked it good. not only the wheels, but the entire front and rear major suspension components to boot. DAMN! Kinda wonder if the previous owner needed some more cash outta his toy project...

The dealership is right on a state Hwy, and the major thoroughfare through town. It's well lit, and totally exposed, and the bimmer was on prominent display. That seriously took some hutzpah to pull off.

Warlock III 08-09-2013 01:37 PM

You're not kidding.

I'll bet the dealership got it all on camera.

I'll also bet that with the finesse it took to pull it off, he video will be of no help what-so-ever.

hydrex 08-09-2013 01:57 PM

Not a big Beemer fan. In Maine, our winters are hard and we have some really bad roads, potholes and frost heaves. It's funny, but so many nearly new Beemers start looking like crapped out $hitboxes before their time. They look nice when new, but after 100,000 miles and blowing blue smoke and the shocks blown out, not so impressive. Probably those parts just fell off.:hah:

Hermes1 08-09-2013 02:11 PM

It will be interesting to find out if indeed the jacking was caught on video and if the culprits get apprehended.

Warlock III 08-09-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrex (Post 1172376)
Not a big Beemer fan. In Maine, our winters are hard and we have some really bad roads, potholes and frost heaves. It's funny, but so many nearly new Beemers start looking like crapped out $hitboxes before their time. They look nice when new, but after 100,000 miles and blowing blue smoke and the shocks blown out, not so impressive. Probably those parts just fell off.:hah:

Lyrics: "who's got the keys to my beemer"
Drew : "It's a freakin screwdriver!...I've got a ton of 'em"

CajunDodge 08-10-2013 11:01 AM

That had to have taken some serious finesse to pull that off. Keep us posted cause I'll be curious to see if they get caught!

- Cajun

anothernewb 08-10-2013 12:23 PM

nothin new today. although the bimmer is no longer out on the lot

Grubrunner 08-10-2013 01:16 PM

Yeah they clearly per-planned that one, I say.

Balls of Steele indeed.

anothernewb 08-14-2013 10:43 AM

no information still. nothing in the papers, nothing in the online police stuff. Nothing from the dealer either. Bimmer still MIA. might have been dumped in an auction.

spp 08-16-2013 09:53 AM

I am surprised how fast they got that BMW apart. Working on my commuter Jetta it takes friggin forever to get the damn thing apart (Germans love specialty tools it seems...).

I remember when a F250 was jacked at Planet Ford in Houston. They found the truck stripped down to the cab and frame later.

Insurance paid for the loss but they bought the hulk back and used it for advertising for at least a year as a big sign was in the bed proudly displaying "Equipped! Not Stripped!"