DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   Advise on Rubber Bed Mat (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=149986)

Stoneface 08-10-2013 09:40 AM

Advise on Rubber Bed Mat

If any of you guys have experience with rubber bed mats, I would appreciate you input. From my Internet search, it seems the the two choices are Dee zee or Protecta. Thanks for any advise or opinion.

Grubrunner 08-10-2013 10:11 AM

DeeZee makes top quality mats.

Never heard of the other brand.

Gantman 08-10-2013 10:13 AM

Hello Stoneface and yes, I have chosen the Rubber DeeZee HD Mat and tailgate mat since new on my 12 CCSB Hemi. I have done the Line-X, Rhino, and OE spray-on bed liners on previous trucks with no complaints BUT! Nothing holds my cargo still, from sliding off those bed ribs like my rubber mat. Not only that but it is a million times more comfortable to sit on when you want to chill on the back for stargazing or waitin for a bite on the beach with the surf pole out at night.:smileup:

Grubrunner 08-10-2013 10:19 AM

That's true.

I don't care what type of spray-in liner you have or had.

Nothing holds your cargo stock like a quality rubber bed mat. In fact, I have a spray-in Reflex bed liner in my truck and will be purchasing a rubber mat [DeeZee] this coming week.

Stoneface 08-10-2013 01:47 PM

Thanks Gantman & Grubrunner, I really appreciate your opinions. You have helped me make my decision, I will be ordering the Dee Zee bed & tailgate mat. Thanks again.

Grubrunner 08-10-2013 03:23 PM

Who are you ordering from and which model?

Stoneface 08-10-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grubrunner (Post 1173216)
Who are you ordering from and which model?

Not certain where to order, but it's for a 1500 5'7" with ram box. I will probably have to trim the sides to fit the ram box. Any suggestions on where to order?

Grubrunner 08-10-2013 05:07 PM

Let me get back to you by the end of the weekend on this thread after I put some research time in tomorrow.

I too have the Rambox 5" 7' with two bed dividers/extenders so I don't want to do too much cutting/trimming.

I'll get back to you....

Grubrunner 08-10-2013 05:09 PM

While we're at it can you measure your bed's exact width and length and post it here, please....

My truck's in the shop this weekend so I can't take measurements ATM.

Cheers.

Stoneface 08-10-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grubrunner (Post 1173316)
While we're at it can you measure your bed's exact width and length and post it here, please....

My truck's in the shop this weekend so I can't take measurements ATM.

Cheers.

Would be glad to, but I don't have the truck yet, it scheduled for delivery the 15th of this month. I'll also try to do some searching for the best deal on a Dee Zee.