DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2014 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=247)
-   -   Sticker vs Build sheet..power mirrors (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=150070)

Yankee 08-11-2013 11:17 AM

Sticker vs Build sheet..power mirrors

Noticed this question in that other huge thread...thought i was the only one who noticed this issue. perhaps someone can explain it. I ordered my 2014 from a 2013 book...clearly the dealer had better info. The "Luxury Package" includes, among other things and Im typing VERY carefully, including punctuation.."Power, heated,auto-dimming, power-folding, Black 6x9 inch, includes exterior courtesy lamps, and supplemental turn signal (included with Luxury Group).

The build sheet comes out in alphabetical order by code, so sometimeas related items are nowhere near each other...but i find the following: GUKP: Power heated Mirrors, Fold-away, and further dow, LERP: Power folding mirrors.

The sticker lists "Power heated mirrors with Manual fold-away." So what kind of mirrors am i getting??

I have an idea, but I would like some confirmation from some of the older hands at this...theres lots of stuff listed on the sticker because thats "standard"...but theres a note in the fine print on the sticker that the standard equipment "unless replaced by optional equipment"...For example, my sticker listed a bunch of stuff in the Big Horn upgrade that I deleted, like the bench seat..my buckets ARE listed as well.....

so the conclusion that Im coming to is regardless what the sticker is saying, in limited space, the BUILD SHEET is the bible...if its ON THERE, its on the vehicle.....

Yankee 08-13-2013 10:52 PM

BUMP...just my .02...the build sheet is yer bible...not the sticker....

GTyankee 08-13-2013 11:01 PM

yes the Build Sheet is more accurate then a window sticker
although you can find mistakes on it also

I am still looking for some stuff, like
front license plate bracket
overhead console trip meter
& some other things

exilepa 08-14-2013 01:02 AM

Sigh, Yankee, sounds like you and I are the only 2 really caring about this lol. I guess we'll know in a few days when one of us goes to pick up our truck?

Stump3r 08-14-2013 01:20 AM

As long as you didn't order the tow mirrors, from what you've listed you will be getting the power folding mirrors but I'm not 100% on that. I ordered my truck with the tow mirrors so I can't look at my build sheet to confirm.

Yankee 08-14-2013 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTyankee (Post 1175943)
yes the Build Sheet is more accurate then a window sticker
although you can find mistakes on it also

I am still looking for some stuff, like
front license plate bracket
overhead console trip meter
& some other things

Yeah i guess...mine shows CV2P-O/Head Console w/Trip Computer/UGDO, and MDAS-front License Plate bracket. You dont have those codes at all??

Btw im reasonably confident that we got power-folding mirrors...admittedly its not as critical for me, but i expect them to be on there...

Hue1jack 08-16-2013 09:37 PM

My 2014 was shipped this morning. The build sheet includes the luxury package and the power folding mirrors. The window sticker says it has manual folding mirrors. I guess we will find out for sure when I pick it up!

huntergreen 08-16-2013 09:54 PM

if it is important to you to have the things you ordered, then don't accept delivery. if i ordered a truck, i would want what i ordered.

Yankee 08-16-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntergreen (Post 1178209)
if it is important to you to have the things you ordered, then don't accept delivery. if i ordered a truck, i would want what i ordered.

I have no dout what the sticker vs the build sheet thing will prove...i think i got it figured out...and im not concerned...but yes...when he calls and says its there, Im heading over to bless it...and take some pics, and talk about these "non-existant" rebates of Chryslers...mebbe itll all happen same day...or sumpin!!!