DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   yet another tranny from chrysler not working (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=150186)

dusterman 08-12-2013 02:55 PM

yet another tranny from chrysler not working

So news today about the new jeep Cherokee s 9 speed zf tranny not shifting correctly. The cars not even released yet and there having issues already. From what I understand the 8 and 9 gear wont shift at all with the 2.4 l tigershark motor. This is bad news because the dart is supposed to get this tranny soon.

RadioFlyer 08-12-2013 07:57 PM

It is my understanding that there are three different ZF transmissions all with different torque ratings. And I'm sure that the truck transmission is not the same as the Dart transmission. Though it would be bad for the Dart, I don't think the Ram owners have anything to worry about.

bstc00 08-12-2013 08:00 PM

The dart and truck transmissions are different. FWD will only be getting the 9 speed as RWD will have only the 8 speed

Grubrunner 08-12-2013 08:06 PM

I swear at times [often] I think some members just search for negative Chrysler reports on a daily basis to post on these boards....

:doh:

Thunderhorse 08-13-2013 11:52 PM

So if the car isn't out yet and they're working on the issue what's the problem? Don't you think most manufacturers have had preproduction model problems?

Grubrunner 08-13-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderhorse (Post 1176048)
So if the car isn't out yet and they're working on the issue what's the problem? Don't you think most manufacturers have had preproduction model problems?

Exactly.

Misery loves company....

Dodgey 09-29-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderhorse (Post 1176048)

Exactly. As long as it is caught and corrected in testing that is all that matters.

bdub12 10-09-2013 06:07 PM

I've met my fair share of Chrysler tranny's over the years and believe me, they are all working.

They might just be roaming around truck stop parking lots like their lost but once you say hi to one they're on the clock. Not sure how Chrysler benefits though....maybe they take a percentage of their earnings.

starquestbd22 10-10-2013 08:15 AM

LOL, glad I wasn't the only one thinking it. ^^^^^^^^^^^

Gantman 10-10-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grubrunner (Post 1174858)
I swear at times [often] I think some members just search for negative Chrysler reports on a daily basis to post on these boards....

:doh:

I completely agree with you on this Grub! :smileup: It's as bad as what television shows call, Reality TV. Exaggerated and blown out of proportion. Oh well, some people just live on "DRAMA".:smileup: :LOL: