DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram General Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   11 more miles till 100,000! What to do? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=150258)

EWC88 08-13-2013 09:45 AM

11 more miles till 100,000! What to do?

Well as title says, 11 more miles and I have hit 100,000 miles on my 02 4.7. Now what do you guys recommend I should do to keep this truck running good as it is? I do already give her full synthetic oil when doing oil changes, but whatever you guys think I should get done or whatever let me know!

Ezekielguy86 08-13-2013 11:10 AM

Stop driving it! lol no if its been a good truck and you like it then keep doing what your doing. If your like me and would like to trade then go for it. Either way its your decision and has to be up to you.

EWC88 08-13-2013 01:11 PM

Yea I'm going keep it till she gives up. I was thinking of having dealership do transmission oil change and filter, and then me doing the plugs. With changing the plugs should I change anything else dealing with the plugs?

Do you guys recommend dealership doing transmission or AAMCO or whatever?

snrusnak 08-13-2013 01:51 PM

Depending on how handy you are, the trans service is pretty easy, but at the same time if you do something wrong you can cause a lot of damage ($$$). So that's up to you. I'd have the dealer do it, if I weren't doing it. I know there are good shops out there, also bad dealers out there, but chances are that the dealer is much more likely to know what they're doing.

Trans service, plugs, possibly coolant flush(see when this is required in the manual), and possibly differential(s) service. Check the manual, it'll tell you when every maintenance interval is.

bighemi04 08-13-2013 03:26 PM

A wise man once told me not to touch the trans if there is nothing wrong with it. Regardless of how many miles you have on it. I did a trans service on my 04 at 100,000 and a week later my solenoid pack went out after not one problem in the first 100k miles.

GuyGene 08-13-2013 04:23 PM

Now you're beginning to speak my language there, EW! Not nary of this, "I have 45,000 trouble free miles on my truck" mess! Of course you (not you personally) have 0 - 85,000 or so trouble free miles! Now, give me 100,000 and more, and I'll listen! Like me old '93 Dakota that odometer broke 9 years ago at 120,460 miles on! That odometer and headlight switch I just replaced is only trouble I've had with that truck! Using nary bit of oil, etc. That's what I'm talking about, boys!

RogerRamJet 08-13-2013 07:02 PM

Check your axle seals. If they have leakage, change them out. Might as well swap the bearings too. If not, then just do a diff oil swap. Gives you a chance to peak inside the pumpkin and see if anything's goin on in there. If the tranny oil or coolant has never been changed, depending on their condition, I would flush the engine coolant and drain the tranny fluid replacing the filters, brake and P/S fluids. The normal maintenance stuff... oil, plugs, coils (if the boot breaks). Sounds like you've been taking care of your truck, just keep doing what you're doing.

huntergreen 08-13-2013 09:13 PM

i would change all fluids and plugs. don't go looking for trouble.

rdsabin 08-14-2013 10:35 AM

If it hasn't been done recently, I would change the belt and hoses also on this truck. Just as a safety precaution.

TheSatinPumpkin 08-14-2013 05:12 PM

Also order up a 100k Chrysler plate frame.