DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   weird problem with uconnect? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=150321)

dodgehemi0 08-13-2013 11:51 PM

weird problem with uconnect?

So, I was on the phone connected through the truck so I get home and turn the truck off. Phone is still connected to the truck which is normal. Then I go to touch the transfer button on the screen. Normal thing happens it transfers the call to my phone, so I open the door and the screen and audio should shut off right? well it would not. I started the truck and turned it off still the screen and audio would not shut off. then I started the truck and put it in gear moved it a little and still the screen and audio would not turn off after opening the doors. First time it has done this anyone else have this problem? The audio and screen always shut off after I open the door if the truck is off.

reboot04 08-14-2013 12:13 AM

I had exactly the same thing happen to me. So I hung up the phone and it immediately shut down. Somehow thru a transfer it still wants to stay in the middle. Now I just do the transfer from the phone side and its not an issue. Was weird though.

edge35 08-14-2013 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reboot04 (Post 1176002)
Somehow thru a transfer it still wants to stay in the middle.

Ah, you must have the NSA Edition of Uconnect.

bigbody 08-14-2013 02:19 AM

Your radio will not shut off till the phone call has ended it's not a problem with the radio all Uconnect systems do that, the one in my 2010 and the one in my wife's 2012 Durango does the same thing

dodgehemi0 08-14-2013 08:30 AM

Thanks guys ya I guess I have the nsa version haha

plumcrazy73 08-14-2013 06:47 PM

The NSA was still listening in and was not done recording yet!

xsdbs 08-15-2013 08:38 AM

Did you transfer the call from the phone or from the radio / Uconnect voice command?
If you do it from the phone itself, the BT Hands Free profile is still connected and this will happen. However if you press the Uconnect voice button and say "transfer call", the call will be transferred to the phone and you'll see the radio go out of the Hands Free mode and into the radio mode. When you turn the key off, now the radio will shut down completely when you get out of the vehicle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dodgehemi0 (Post 1175982)
So, I was on the phone connected through the truck so I get home and turn the truck off. Phone is still connected to the truck which is normal. Then I go to touch the transfer button on the screen. Normal thing happens it transfers the call to my phone, so I open the door and the screen and audio should shut off right? well it would not. I started the truck and turned it off still the screen and audio would not shut off. then I started the truck and put it in gear moved it a little and still the screen and audio would not turn off after opening the doors. First time it has done this anyone else have this problem? The audio and screen always shut off after I open the door if the truck is off.

firemarshallvin 08-20-2013 12:12 PM

Same here, will have to try the above suggested method of transferring I guess. I was rather annoying to have to hang up on the caller just to get the radio to shut off.

KJ48 08-20-2013 05:54 PM

My '10 and '12 were the same way, if you transferred the call via the audio source on the iphone the radio would not shut off until you hung up.

I'll have to try the transfer on the '13 on the radio screen and see what happens.

firemarshallvin 08-21-2013 08:58 AM

So I just tried this method a few minutes ago as I got a call on the way into work. I didn't want to walk away from the rig or hang up on the caller either. I turned off the rig first, and nothing, radio stayed on and connected. Then I transferred the call via the radio to my phone (iphone 5 FYI). The radio remained active, so i opened and closed the door thinking that maybe it was still in the "on delay", and still no change. SO I stayed on the phone (handset) until it ended. As soon as the call was ended on my phone the radio shut down. Oh well, guess next time I will try walking away and just coming back after the call to confirm it shut down.