DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   Low Fuel Warning (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=150459)

JOlaskowitz 08-15-2013 02:33 PM

Low Fuel Warning

How far can I expect to drive after the low fuel warning light comes on? The reason I'm asking a friend of mine says you should be able to go at least 50 miles but I would think it depends on our vehicle and how fast you are driving. I never get that low.
I just bought a 2013 Ram Laramie Crew Cab 4X4 with the hemi engine and eight speed transmission. I'm very pleased with the performance and gas mileage.

Bully's Performance 08-15-2013 02:47 PM

Welcome to the Z. You will find a lot of nice cars here and a lot of helpful members. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

If you need pricing on any parts for your car, feel free to go to our VENDOR SECTION and ask. Forum Members get the best pricing on the NET. And only Bully's Performance can get you the best customer service and lowest prices around whether it is replacement/performance/or cosmetic. Additionally, every month we run a Give Away program or 2 where you can win free parts/cash/store credit exclusive to Forum Members. All the details can be found in the Vendor Section

Thanks,
Tony
Bully's Performance

Might wanna post that in the appropriate forum, however. Its best to not let it go below a 1/4 tank as the fuel keeps the pump cool. Heated pump constantly will cause its life to prematurely end

gonefishin776 08-15-2013 03:07 PM

typically after the fuel light comes on, there is approximately 5 gallons left. so take ur mpg and figure out how far you can go on 5 gallons. DO NOT RUN IT DRY. there is a reason it says low with still 5 gallons left, so your fuel pump doesn't over heat.

what you can do to be more precise is fill up as soon as your light comes on, then subtract from the size tank you have. so say you out 22 gallons in at the light and you have a 26 gallon tank, then you have 4 gallons left in there. so you avg lets say 17 mpg so you can drive 68 miles

RedSmart 08-15-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOlaskowitz (Post 1177186)
How far can I expect to drive after the low fuel warning light comes on?

All the way to the point where you have none left I should think! LOL.....

I have the gauge that tells me how far until I'm empty. Usually 50 km left in the tank and the light comes on.

I've gone through that 50km and probably another 50 more, but it all depends on driving type, location, speed, weight in the vehicle, etc, etc......

When I pulled into to get gas, the pump stopped at just over the 95 litre mark.

BlueJet 08-15-2013 07:08 PM

Hello and welcome! :wavey:

Good to have you with us, I hope you enjoy the board! :)

molina67 08-15-2013 08:04 PM

Mine came on with 80 miles to go. Oh and welcome.

Grubrunner 08-15-2013 08:26 PM

More important than burning out your fuel pump is the crap you'll suck into your fuel delivery system by running it below 1/4 tank.

Not a good idea at all to do that.

Welcome to the boards.

CajunDodge 08-16-2013 10:35 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us! Lots of great people and info here, so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site! :Hey:

- Cajun

Chunkem 08-16-2013 04:14 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum..... We are glad to have you here........If there is anything that we can do to assist you please ask...

Enjoy the site....

Ed

tev9999 08-17-2013 08:55 AM

Mine comes on with about 40 miles left on the range display. I've let it get as low as 20. At that point it took 28 gallons to fill my 32 gallon tank.