DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram 4x4 - Offroad Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=213)
-   -   Mopar 2" Bilstein lift kit (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=150527)

Ramajama 08-16-2013 01:07 AM

Mopar 2" Bilstein lift kit

Has anyone seen this kit on a truck or have the kit? I'd like to hear some feedback or check out some pictures. You can find these kits pretty reasonable. I'm looking for a mild lift and this definately seems more performance oriented than a simple spacer/leveling kit.

Thanks.

gonefishin776 08-16-2013 06:34 PM

Do you just mean bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks? where did you get mopar from? and 2"? bilsteins for your truck have 5 settings. 0" 0.7" 1.4" 2.1" and 2.8"

so you can buy them and use the 2.1" setting, they are pretty much the best way to level these trucks. you can get them for around $200 a pair. contact bullysperformance here on the forum for the best deal

gonefishin776 08-16-2013 06:36 PM

forgive me that I have never heard of a mopar bilstein lift kit

Bully's Performance 08-16-2013 07:09 PM

Feel free to send us an email. Sales@bullysperformance.com

ABDULRAHMAN-Qatar 08-20-2013 01:03 PM

I have got a mopar 2" lift kit with belistien, it comes with 4 shocks (front adjustable) to 2.7" of rise. Rear shocks are not adjustable but the truck will be rised around 1.5" by the spring coils (no spacers just higher coils). The ride is smooth and will perform well on and off road.
It can acumadate 35" tires but I don't recommend that, go with 34" better.

Just go with it.

JDPatrick 08-22-2013 10:55 AM

I'm looking at getting Bilsteins for my truck as we speak, the local 4x4 place said they'd install them for $25 a shock...does that sound right? I feel like that's kinda low, but I'm not sure. Already talked to Bully's about buying them.

I wont be doing anything with tires just yet, but I'd like a little more front end clearance and 8.5" just makes me nervous.

gonefishin776 08-22-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDPatrick (Post 1182676)
I'm looking at getting Bilsteins for my truck as we speak, the local 4x4 place said they'd install them for $25 a shock...does that sound right? I feel like that's kinda low, but I'm not sure. Already talked to Bully's about buying them.

I wont be doing anything with tires just yet, but I'd like a little more front end clearance and 8.5" just makes me nervous.

thats really cheap. are you buying them from the shop as well? maybe thats why?

usually it should take a ~2 hours give or take for a pro shop to install those. and most shops charge ~$80-100 an hour for labor. so that's a steal....

ABDULRAHMAN-Qatar 08-22-2013 01:30 PM

@JDPatrick

That is a good deal, but after insulation you will need to do a front wheels alignment, it's not just replace the shocks with the new shocks like GMC seirra, he will remove the caster, camber and upper control arm to place the new shocks so you will need the alignment for sure, anyway it takes around 2-3 hours for shocks only.

gonefishin776 08-22-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABDULRAHMAN-Qatar (Post 1182806)
@JDPatrick

That is a good deal, but after insulation you will need to do a front wheels alignment, it's not just replace the shocks with the new shocks like GMC seirra, he will remove the caster, camber and upper control arm to place the new shocks so you will need the alignment for sure, anyway it takes around 2-3 hours for shocks only.

good info! we are talking to him about this on his other thread. so don't worry if it doesn't answer back.

Imakebrakes 08-25-2013 12:20 PM

Good deal for around here