DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Exhaust (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=150619)

HombreOmar 08-17-2013 03:53 AM

Exhaust

Ordered my intake but still am not sure on an exhaust. Ive never swapped an exhaust before so am clueless.
Brand, size, dual, true dual, cats, high flow cats, y pipe, x pipe, dumped
11 Ram express reg cab short box
Any and all help is appreciated.

hollonator 08-17-2013 12:22 PM

I currently have a Flowmaster 50 Series HD dual in/dual out on my Hemi and I love it. It is a moderate deep tone that is much nicer than stock, but its not so loud that I can't hear anything else (ie. radio). It is much louder on the outside than on the inside. I left the stock cats and cut the factory Y-pipe out. Now it is 2 separate pipes coming off of the manifolds, running through their own respective cats, and separately run into the dual in muffler. Eventually I will add long tube headers and run 3" piping.

On my 1979 Dodge Warlock II (408 Stroker) I run true dual Flowmaster Super 44's with 3" mendrel pipes and an X-pipe. Obviously there are no cats due to the age of the truck, but regardless...I have shattered my own rear window 3 times. You do not want that kind of exhaust for a daily driver or on long trips.

Flowmaster has always done well with both sound and performance for me. For only one or the other, I suggest Borla (any model) for "performance only". Borla doesn't always sound the best (raspy) but cannot be beat on performance. I suggest glass packs for "sound only". Once they are broke in they do not rattle as much as people are afraid they do. I ran a set of true dual 12" long glass pack "Big Bores" (true 3" all the way through) for years and loved them after they were broke in.

I guess the biggest starting point is...how much are you willing to spend?

huntergreen 08-17-2013 06:36 PM

op...what cai did you get ?

lonestarlonghorn83 08-17-2013 09:52 PM

I have the MBRP exhaust with a S&B intake and am very happy with them both.

hollonator 08-17-2013 10:16 PM

I have not heard much about MBRP...the biggest thing that steered me away from them when shopping is I didn't find any dual exhaust. That and I prefer to custom build my own exhaust's from random parts

2012DCREDEXPRESS 08-19-2013 12:08 PM

I have athe Mufflex 5" Tips and a 14" Magnaflow by Boeschbuilt. I love it! Perfect sound, great fit and finish. Could not be happier!

Dancianne 08-20-2013 10:21 AM

Flowmasters

No experience with Flowmasters on a Ram, but their 50 series on my old vette are definitely louder and reverberate heavily at low rpm to the point of being able to feel it. Not sure that I can tell any difference in performance, just sounds good though.