DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Other Vehicle Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   1979 Dodge Warlock II (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=150659)

hollonator 08-17-2013 04:28 PM

1979 Dodge Warlock II
 
1 Attachment(s)
What do you guys think...should I keep my pride and joy that has cost me pints of blood, sweat, and alcohol not counting the ridiculous amount of hours I have put in it?

Or should I sell it and move on to something bigger and/or better and/or newer and/or debt free?

:4-dontknow: :4-dontknow: :4-dontknow: :4-dontknow: :4-dontknow: :4-dontknow: :4-dontknow: :4-dontknow:

Be mindful, this is a 1979 Dodge Warlock II. The Dodge Warlock was only made in 1977, the Warlock II was only made in 1978-79. The Warlock's are the big brother (in terms of being 4x4) to the Lil' Red Express.

I have more pictures in an album under my profile and can always post a few more here if desired. If you vote for Keep or Sell, please explain why. Thanks

Attachment 38035

mgbighorn 08-18-2013 07:10 PM

question does it have any sentimental value? like was it your fathers truck when you were growing up?

if not i say sell it and move on

hollonator 08-18-2013 07:32 PM

It was not a family truck, but it was always my dream truck

1stRAM2012 08-18-2013 07:35 PM

I say keep I constantly regret getting rid of the two toys I had now everytime I see one I die a little inside haha

Hardware 08-18-2013 08:41 PM

Why was this your, "dream truck"?

How did you come to own this one?

What repairs/resto/mods have you done to it?

What trips, work, off-roading have you done with it?

CajunDodge 08-19-2013 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1stRAM2012 (Post 1179497)
I say keep I constantly regret getting rid of the two toys I had now everytime I see one I die a little inside haha

I have to agree with this as I also vote keep. I still kick myself for selling my '81 D150. I never got tired of that truck and my thinking was I'll pick up another one some day. That day has not arrived so far lol so I say if you have something cool like that, hang on to it! :smileup:

- Cajun

hollonator 08-19-2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardware (Post 1179536)
Why was this your, "dream truck"?

How did you come to own this one?

What repairs/resto/mods have you done to it?

What trips, work, off-roading have you done with it?

It was always my dream truck because the old Dodges are true Mopar Muscle, all of the newer 5.9's are garbage (except the Cummins of course) while the old ones could easily keep up with today's Hemi's with a little love and attention. I got it from a lady while I was on my first deployment and it quickly became my first "toy". It is not fully restored, I still need to powdercoat the frame and if I keep it I want to put Dana 60's front and rear in it. I also need to have the interior redone, but the original interior is in such beautiful condition that it can wait awhile. As for mods:

The engine was rebuilt before I bought it, all Edelbrock top end with a 650 CFM carb and a Comp Cams Thumpr camshaft (don't know the the specs on it). The cam is actually way to big for that engine, it burned a hole in the top of one of my pistons. So I need to rebuild the engine (and build it right). Flowmaster Super 44 true dual exhaust. 6" Superlift suspension lift and Superlift dual steering stabilizer. 15x10 Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels wrapped in 35x12.50R15 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ Radials. Home made bumpers made out of 4" square tubing stacked on 3" square tubing, all 1/4" thick and molded to the body shape of the truck and powdercoated to look professional (over $1200 in steel). PIAA fog lights (forget the specs, but too bright to be street legal). A previous owner had welded a sheet of diamond plate steel in as the bed floor due to the original wood bed rotting out over time. That was all cut out, grinded down and replaced with wood flooring like out of the factory. Remembering all this, I can't even count the number of hours that I have put into this thing. I think as a stock truck it's only worth $3-4,000...but I couldn't let it go for less than $13-15,000...and I would still lose my ass on it probably

hollonator 08-19-2013 07:11 AM

It's a great truck, the most fun truck I have ever drove. But I can't decide if I want to keep it because since the cam burned out the piston it has just sat in the shop. I haven't had time to do anything with it. And everytime I look at it I can only think about not having the money to play with it because I still owe on my 2007.

Hardware 08-19-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollonator (Post 1179775)
It was always my dream truck because the old Dodges are true Mopar Muscle, all of the newer 5.9's are garbage (except the Cummins of course) while the old ones could easily keep up with today's Hemi's with a little love and attention. I got it from a lady while I was on my first deployment and it quickly became my first "toy". It is not fully restored, I still need to powdercoat the frame and if I keep it I want to put Dana 60's front and rear in it. I also need to have the interior redone, but the original interior is in such beautiful condition that it can wait awhile. As for mods:

The engine was rebuilt before I bought it, all Edelbrock top end with a 650 CFM carb and a Comp Cams Thumpr camshaft (don't know the the specs on it). The cam is actually way to big for that engine, it burned a hole in the top of one of my pistons. So I need to rebuild the engine (and build it right). Flowmaster Super 44 true dual exhaust. 6" Superlift suspension lift and Superlift dual steering stabilizer. 15x10 Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels wrapped in 35x12.50R15 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ Radials. Home made bumpers made out of 4" square tubing stacked on 3" square tubing, all 1/4" thick and molded to the body shape of the truck and powdercoated to look professional (over $1200 in steel). PIAA fog lights (forget the specs, but too bright to be street legal). A previous owner had welded a sheet of diamond plate steel in as the bed floor due to the original wood bed rotting out over time. That was all cut out, grinded down and replaced with wood flooring like out of the factory. Remembering all this, I can't even count the number of hours that I have put into this thing. I think as a stock truck it's only worth $3-4,000...but I couldn't let it go for less than $13-15,000...and I would still lose my ass on it probably

Okay, it sounds like it's been modded over time with a mishmash of parts. No offence, but I don't think you'd ever get $13K for it and might be hard pressed to get $3K. Sit on it for now until you have the cash to repair/rebuild it right and then enjoy it.

My $0.02...

hollonator 08-19-2013 10:36 AM

Aside from the engine, it has been built right. Everything is either genuine or precision hand crafted. Just need to repair the engine (rebuild kit, new pistons, smaller cam) or go for a performance rebuild which will fix the problem as well.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger