DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   tires (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=150757)

disturbed one 08-18-2013 07:20 PM

tires

i wanna put bfg at/ko on my 2011 ram 1500 but they do not have them for the stock size,i was wondering what size if any i could put on it as i really like the look of the at/ko

dmac101 08-18-2013 10:48 PM

if your running 20s i think they make a 275 65 20 wich would squeeze in their with minimal rubbung, throw on a leveling kit and your set. and it will look like it should from new

disturbed one 08-19-2013 05:21 PM

i do not know much about mechanics :( i can put together multi billion dollar buildings but when it comes to fixing vehicles i'm a big dummy!!! so when you say leveling kit...how would i go about doing this and what parts would i need and about how much should i expect to pay for it? and besides bigger tires what benefits do you get for a leveling kit? sorry for my ignorance in not knowing and i appreciate all the help ;)

huntergreen 08-20-2013 12:06 PM

while you are researching leveling kits, look into the "shake"they seem to cause while in 4wd.

gonefishin776 08-20-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntergreen (Post 1180945)
while you are researching leveling kits, look into the "shake"they seem to cause while in 4wd.

don't plant that in his head! It's rare. and even if it does happen, it's barely noticeable except in extreme cases.

A leveling kit is a spacer that goes above your shock/strut assembly to raise the front end of the truck up. 2" or 2.5" are common choices.

or you can get an adjustable shock like rancho or bilstein that do the same thing (most prefer these)

you will be able to find a tire size that fits without having to level though. learn how the metric conversions work and know that stick around 33" tall and no wider than i think its a 285 (that's pushing it).

disturbed one 08-20-2013 04:31 PM

after doing some online research i think i am gonna go with the bilstein 5100 leveling shock before i do the new tires as i think i'll have more options to choose from

Dancianne 08-23-2013 08:38 AM

Tire sizing

Quote:

Originally Posted by disturbed one (Post 1179485)
i wanna put bfg at/ko on my 2011 ram 1500 but they do not have them for the stock size,i was wondering what size if any i could put on it as i really like the look of the at/ko

Have you tried using the BFG website www.bfgoodrichtires.com ?
Even if they don't have your exact size, there is a "contact" button where they will offer to help you find an alternative. Since Michelin makes both the BFG's and Uniroyal brands, I'm hoping they have something for your needs.

disturbed one 08-23-2013 03:50 PM

i am scheduled to have a set of bilstein 5100 leveling shocks installed on my truck,by raising it 2" it should give me more choices of tires to choose from

Grubrunner 08-23-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntergreen (Post 1180945)

You're speaking of the spacers/blocks right?

I've had a level kit on many previous trucks and have never experienced this.