DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Havoc rims for 2012 4X4 question/help (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=150794)

nopaydave 08-19-2013 09:44 AM

Havoc rims for 2012 4X4 question/help

I am ready to pull the trigger on these rims (if they fit). I have been waiting for them to come out in the right size for my truck. I think this is the right size but I'm not sure. I know very little about rims and tires. Can someone give me some advice on fitment with the stock tires and is there anything I have to do to make them fit?

DEEP LIP HAVOK D549 GLOSS BLACK MACHINED WITH MACHINED LIP
17X9
Bolt Pattern: 5x139.7mm (5x5.5")
Backspace : 4.50
Offset: -12mm

http://www.westcoastwheelfactory.com...chined_1_3.jpg

gonefishin776 08-19-2013 10:17 AM

they'll fit. but they'll stick out from the fender some. If you want to keep it closer to stock you need something like a 0 offset or +12.

Are you getting bigger tires as well? The only reason you'd need -12mm offset is to clear a 12.5" wide tire. If staying with around stock size/width you don't NEED a negative offset.

nopaydave 08-19-2013 10:34 AM

I will go with bigger tires down the road when these wear (just trying to split the cost up a bit and get the miles out of my current tires). This is the only size I can find in this rim, so I don't see that I have much choice if I want this rim.

gonefishin776 08-19-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nopaydave (Post 1179861)
I will go with bigger tires down the road when these wear (just trying to split the cost up a bit and get the miles out of my current tires). This is the only size I can find in this rim, so I don't see that I have much choice if I want this rim.

They are unique for sure. It'll definitely be a game changer for your truck. And they will fit, like I said you might be sticking out from the fender like 1" I bet (because you don't have wide tires that bulge off the rim) but once you get new tires you'll be set with a great wheel.

I don't see a reason not to pull the trigger on these.

edit: I am not 100% sure on getting an offset wheel without a level. It's not a common question on here, usually there are "tires" involved. I don't imagine rubbing isn't caused but don't take my word for it. Hopefully others can chime in

nopaydave 08-19-2013 11:12 AM

Level is on my to do list. I could always do that first if needed. I'm looking at going with bilstein 5100's for the lvl. If that needs to be done first then I can just put off the rims until I get the lvl done. I try to spend in moderations so the wife doesn't get too ticked off.

brandonjansen 08-19-2013 01:03 PM

Those rims will fit no problem. They're the same specs that I'm running.

With the stock tires you shouldn't have any issues with rubbing. Obviously you will need to be leveled before putting bigger tires on though. With my wheels and 35x12.5 Toyo MT's I stick out about 2" past the fender. When I had a 2.5" level on the truck I had a slight amount of rubbing at the back of the inner fender that was easily fixed. There's more details on that along with a lot of pictures in my wheel/tire thread linked in my signature below if you want to take a look.

nopaydave 08-19-2013 02:15 PM

Thanks for the info and link. Those tires and rims look great on your truck! I have OEM flairs so that should help a bit on the offset. Damn! Now I'm getting excited about getting those Rims!

The tires that came with the truck are Wranglers LT265/70R17. They only have about 25,000 miles on them. I'm going to wear them down some before going with bigger tires.

nopaydave 08-30-2013 01:32 PM

The local truck shop said those rims will stick out too far. I don't mind if they do a little bit and I do have OEM flairs to take a little up but now he has me second guessing my choice.

Bully's Performance 08-30-2013 01:46 PM

Those wheels are kind of sexy. I am going to have to check those out. Let us know what kind of pricing you can get. We sell quite a few sets of fuel wheels.

brandonjansen 08-30-2013 01:56 PM

With the stock tires they'll probably be sticking out past the fender about 1" So they should be tucked under your flares almost completely. No need to second guess your choice.