DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Nitto Trail Grapplers (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=150839)

vortex911 08-19-2013 05:49 PM

Nitto Trail Grapplers

Is any one running these tires? If so what is the ride quality on road. Noise, vibration ect... I have a new power wagon and I am in the process of upgradding rims and tires. I previously ran Terra Grapplers and they seemed very quiet on road. I like the more aggressive look on the Trail Grapplers. Any input would be appreciated. Thx

gonefishin776 08-20-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vortex911 (Post 1180221)
Is any one running these tires? If so what is the ride quality on road. Noise, vibration ect... I have a new power wagon and I am in the process of upgradding rims and tires. I previously ran Terra Grapplers and they seemed very quiet on road. I like the more aggressive look on the Trail Grapplers. Any input would be appreciated. Thx

Who ISN'T running these tires. that's the question. Minimal road noise, even less I hear are the toyo MTs. very quiet for a mud tire. both extremely popular tires.

you won't have regrets either way.

nfd538 08-21-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonefishin776 (Post 1180817)
Who ISN'T running these tires.

Me, but I would not hesitate to run em.

emazz104 08-25-2013 10:40 AM

Just got mine on a few days ago. The road noise is very minimal. I have a Gibson exhaust (which isn't very loud) and can't hear the tires over that. They are much quieter than the mud grapplers.
If you are looking at them, I highly doubt you will be disappointed.

galfer 08-26-2013 10:35 PM

friend of mine has them on a titan. great tires. said he got about 60k miles on the last set

Grubrunner 08-26-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galfer (Post 1185731)
friend of mine has them on a titan. great tires. said he got about 60k miles on the last set

Many may doubt your claim, or even scream BS given the tire's aggressiveness and the mileage posted, but I believe you.

Both the Nitto and the Toyo mirror have excellent longevity.

Good call.

:smileup:

fastNugly @ BP 08-26-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vortex911 (Post 1180221)

100% recommended.
I ran them for a good 4 months and they are not loud but yes, you can hear them. They look ultra agree wife, they wear well and not sure if you're in a snow state, but they do pretty well in snow.

If there is anything I can assist on tire pricing, let me know:smileup:

sales@bullysperformance.com

hodge 08-27-2013 03:26 AM

Had mine on for a few weeks now. Previous tires were the pro comp Xtreme a/t and there is absolutely no comparison. Nitto's are smoother, quieter and balanced out nice. No vibrations at highway speeds. I was really impressed the day they were installed.

Definitely recommend them

jleblanc 08-27-2013 03:49 AM

I have them on my truck and I love them very little noise on the road and pull great off road.
Toyos cost a little more but last a little longer but not enough to justify the price difference in my opinion

peppermintpete 08-27-2013 06:12 AM

You said you're changing rims too, so my advice would be to go down to 18's.

20" Grapplers by themselves cost as much a new set of 18" rims with matching tires, at least in my experience when shopping around.

The tires themselves are solid and have a nice balance of on-road funtionality that can handle more aggressive off-road activities that would immediately ground the stock tires.

I had to use 1/4" spacers on mine, and they chewed the edges of the inside fairing a bit due to rubbing in sharp turns. They make noise, but nothing I would consider "loud".