DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2014 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=247)
-   -   Dealer just called - my truck is in! Got any inspection tips? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=151026)

vinnny 08-21-2013 02:37 PM

Dealer just called - my truck is in! Got any inspection tips?

Anything in particular I should be looking for during my walk-around inspection?

Alberto22 08-21-2013 02:45 PM

DAYLIGHT DAYLIGHT DAYLIGHT! don't be afraid to jump in the bed to look at the roof. Mine sustained damage in transit but didn't see till i was detailing it. Drive it go through all the gears, and 4 wheel drive. Play with every button inside let the salesman give you a lesson even though you know what it does. then once your satisfied sign away, and good luck with the new ride!!!:beerchug::beerchug:

ShawnC13 08-21-2013 02:56 PM

AS above and we want PICTURES

Yankee 08-21-2013 03:56 PM

Well!! its contagious...mine just called..its there! Im gonna get it saturday but Im heading over to bless the thang...and Ill take some pics....

spp 08-21-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alberto22 (Post 1181972)
DAYLIGHT DAYLIGHT DAYLIGHT! don't be afraid to jump in the bed to look at the roof. Mine sustained damage in transit but didn't see till i was detailing it. Drive it go through all the gears, and 4 wheel drive. Play with every button inside let the salesman give you a lesson even though you know what it does. then once your satisfied sign away, and good luck with the new ride!!!:beerchug::beerchug:

First, congrats! And pretty much what Alberto22 said. Touch everything. If you have questions or concerns, ask the salesman.

VegasR1 08-21-2013 04:33 PM

so jealous of you guys and your 14's showing up. Just ordered mine a week or so ago so I have some time to wait yet

Grubrunner 08-21-2013 04:50 PM

Take your spouse with you.

Trust me on this one.

Congrats.

Hermes1 08-21-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grubrunner (Post 1182085)
Take your spouse with you.

Trust me on this one.

Congrats.

Yes to all above responses and taking your spouse or at least another set of eyes is especially worth while.

Grubrunner 08-21-2013 05:03 PM

You're too excited in the moment. You wanna' get the hell out of their and drive your ride around and enjoy it for a few miles B4 the evening sets in. You'll miss little intricate things [specially the body's paint] that will surface later and you'll want them addressed.

There's a [damn good] chance the dealership/Chrysler may deny your claim or, at the very least, give you the run around if that happens. Why? Because you should have thoroughly checked your new vehicle for damages, imperfections and the like prior to picking it up. The burden of proof is on you to prove that those issues were present before you drove off. Think about it....

Women, for the most part, are [much] more attentive to the task at hand then us. They ask what's the cake made of; we just eat it, smile and say it tastes good.

Whenever I make a large purchase, my wife [almost] always will accompany me.

Trust me on this one.

Good luck and congrats again.

Ramzaq 08-21-2013 07:10 PM

Make sure everything you are paying for and ordered is on the truck. Go down the sheet item by item. If you ordered a different rear make sure it is on the truck.