DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Thinking of lifting (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=151063)

rangerjoe1 08-21-2013 07:57 PM

Thinking of lifting

I have a 2013 1500 Laramie crew cab. I am thinking about lifting it. Not a lot, maybe 2-3". Unfortunately I had a Tundra Maxx I had a 7" BDS with 37" Trails on it. The lift was installed wrong and it was a total nightmare. I would love to lift this one but I'm worried about the same issues. I never had a chance to really evaluate the Trail Grapplers. Anyone know how they handle in snow and rainy weather. Also anyone have any info they would like to share. If someone previously posted something like this I apologize.

Thanks

hollonator 08-22-2013 06:50 AM

The Trail Grapplers are an amazing tire, they are my go to tires if I can't find Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's for a price I am willing to pay. If you are only wanting 2-3", I am guessing you simply want to clear bigger tires on your front end. Why not just do a leveling kit? With the correct amount of backspacing (aftermarket wheels or stock wheels with spacers) you can clear 35x12.50's with no issues.

gonefishin776 08-22-2013 07:00 AM

Are you 4wd or 2wd? that will dictate your options as far as lifting/leveling.

You are either going to level ~2.5" to clear 35s or next option is lift 4". Most kits available for the 1500s are 4" and 6". Or you can do a 3" body lift (a lot of people aren't a fan of them, it's personal preference)

Everyone and their mother has trail grapplers, which speaks for how good of a tire they are. But I'm with hollonator, i want some Mickey Thompsons. There are also toyo M/Ts that are really popular.

All decent for most offroad/weather applications.

rangerjoe1 08-22-2013 08:04 AM

Sorry it's 4wd. I had ATZ's on the previous truck before I put the trails on. The ATZ's slid everywhere when we had a light dusting of snow. I don't intend to offroad. Just better clearance, and to l;ook better.

gonefishin776 08-22-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangerjoe1 (Post 1182608)
Sorry it's 4wd. I had ATZ's on the previous truck before I put the trails on. The ATZ's slid everywhere when we had a light dusting of snow. I don't intend to offroad. Just better clearance, and to l;ook better.

gotcha. well take a look at duratracs and toyo AT2 as well. ive heard good things about them and they look good. BFG AT KO are great tires as well

fastNugly @ BP 08-23-2013 11:54 PM

For snow, ATs would be the way to go and Duratracs and Toyp AT2 are pretty solid choices.
We sell quite a bit of those over winter.

If you need pricing on tires, lift or levels, let me know and I'd be glad to extend member pricing over to you :smileup:

fastNugly@bullysperformance.com