DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   My shake saga continues! UGH (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=151115)

vanip 08-22-2013 05:24 PM

My shake saga continues! UGH

So my dealer ordered and installed the hub Centric adapters and installed them on my American Racing rims, like a few of you said should have been installed in the first place. Well nothing has changed. The seats still shake anywhere from 58mph to 70 or so! Tires have been ruled out-balance done 4 times and now the adapters are added! 3700 miles on this truck! Any other opinions! I can live with it but geez! Maybe the regular cab 4x4, with a short wheelbase, is something I'm not used to? I don't know guys!

Gantman 08-22-2013 05:53 PM

vanip, just for shizz and giggles, have you tried going back to OE wheels and seeing if the wobble goes away? I remembered a 4x4 SUV that I went aftermarket wheels on and I got the death wobble at highway speeds like you indicated. Had alignment and tires done but wobble was still present. Come to find out, after trying the OE wheels, it was the aftermarket wheels being out of round that caused high speed wobble. No wobble when original equipped wheels installed.

vanip 08-22-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gantman (Post 1182945)
vanip, just for shizz and giggles, have you tried going back to OE wheels and seeing if the wobble goes away? I remembered a 4x4 SUV that I went aftermarket wheels on and I got the death wobble at highway speeds like you indicated. Had alignment and tires done but wobble was still present. Come to find out, after trying the OE wheels, it was the aftermarket wheels being out of round that caused high speed wobble. No wobble when original equipped wheels installed.

Have not tried that and someone else actually mentioned that earlier. I don't have the OEM's but maybe my Stealer would try it just for my peace of mind. I don't know if I want that to be the prob though-ha. thanks

PaulMys 08-22-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanip (Post 1182933)
So my dealer ordered and installed the hub Centric adapters and installed them on my American Racing rims, like a few of you said should have been installed in the first place. Well nothing has changed. The seats still shake anywhere from 58mph to 70 or so! Tires have been ruled out-balance done 4 times and now the adapters are added! 3700 miles on this truck! Any other opinions! I can live with it but geez! Maybe the regular cab 4x4, with a short wheelbase, is something I'm not used to? I don't know guys!

No, nothing to do w/ short wheel base. My RC has no shake at any speed. I'm on stock wheels, however. As stated above, I think it is best to throw a set of stocks on to completely rule out the after-markets. Hope you get this fixed soon, man!:smileup:

brandonjansen 08-22-2013 07:37 PM

Hmm... weird. I'm definitely stumped on this one.

As both Gantman and PaulMys said, throw a set of stock wheels/tires on there and see what happens. It might just be that one of your wheels or tires is out of round or messed up from the factory. I've read about a couple guys having issues with that... Have you contacted the supplier for your wheels and tires to talk to them about it yet?

vanip 08-23-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjansen (Post 1183023)
Hmm... weird. I'm definitely stumped on this one.

As both Gantman and PaulMys said, throw a set of stock wheels/tires on there and see what happens. It might just be that one of your wheels or tires is out of round or messed up from the factory. I've read about a couple guys having issues with that... Have you contacted the supplier for your wheels and tires to talk to them about it yet?

Yes-tried talking to dealer that supplied them and pust them on, but nothing will come of that as I am the second owner AND they were installed a year ago. Thanks for all the suggestions. That's why I love this forum!

Cat Daddy 08-23-2013 10:38 AM

Yea I am of the same thoughts about the stock wheel tire issue. I had a set of BFG that had an issue with the belts being shifted.if can't get the stealer to hook ya up with stockers then maybe you could bust the tires off the rims and shift them on the rim,just a thought, but maybe the reason you are the second owner...sorry

fastNugly @ BP 08-24-2013 12:48 AM

I agree....you may have either a bad tire or bad rim.
Bknife (member here) had a similar issue and it was due to a bad rim.
Originally they thought it was the tire, but after swapping out the tires, the shake was there and he finally got the rim replaced and all is golden.
But it was troublesome for him as well
Hope you find a resolution ASAP