DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   old 2 stroke gas (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=151168)

nikeman 08-23-2013 08:21 AM

old 2 stroke gas

I have some year old 2 stroke gas for my blower and I just bought a new weed eater. I don't want to put the stale gas in my new weed eater but I don't know how to get rid of the stuff. A lot of people online say its safe to pour it into a cars gas tank but I'm not so sure about that in my new truck. If it wasn't 2 stroke I'd pour it in the truck without hesitation.

I know this isn't the correct place for this but I need a fairly quick answer. I do have a '13 ram so it kinda relates. Lol.

tattwo98 08-23-2013 08:28 AM

Why would you bother?
Why would you want to put crap through your new truck give it away or burn it instead.

edge35 08-23-2013 08:33 AM

1. Put a sign on the container of 2 stroke that says "Free Gas"
2. Place it next to the pump at a gas station

:)

On The Road 08-23-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikeman (Post 1183357)
I have some year old 2 stroke gas for my blower and I just bought a new weed eater. I don't want to put the stale gas in my new weed eater but I don't know how to get rid of the stuff. A lot of people online say its safe to pour it into a cars gas tank but I'm not so sure about that in my new truck. If it wasn't 2 stroke I'd pour it in the truck without hesitation.

I know this isn't the correct place for this but I need a fairly quick answer. I do have a '13 ram so it kinda relates. Lol.

If you wouldn't put that stuff in your new weed eater ( Paid at worst $300) why would you put it in a new $30,000 truck.:doh:

mikeysotp 08-23-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by On The Road (Post 1183374)
If you wouldn't put that stuff in your new weed eater ( Paid at worst $300) why would you put it in a new $30,000 truck.:doh:

Where is the frigging like button? :Hey:

maw76 08-23-2013 08:59 AM

Why dont you just run your blower dry?

DRX350 08-23-2013 09:26 AM

Fill up tank in truck, drive home, put crap gas in truck, drive. 0.25gal vs 22gal, not gonna do much...

nikeman 08-23-2013 09:36 AM

Was thinking of putting it in the truck since it has a 32 gallon tank and the gas gets used up a lot quicker. People say it will just dilute in the big tank. The blower is dry, but this gas has sit in the contained for a year now. Its only about half a gallon and I was asking because there doesn't seem to be a right way to get rid of it. I don't want to burn it because I basically live in the woods.

I don't want to run stale gas through a brand new weed eater. I had a feeling people would go crazy over this. Lol.

If I don't want to burn it or put it in my vehicles, what can I do? Obviously I Cant just pour it out on the ground.

The Crow 1994 08-23-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by On The Road (Post 1183374)

:iagree: I wouldn't do that to my new truck.

nikeman 08-23-2013 09:53 AM

Was thinking of putting it in the truck since it has a 32 gallon tank and the gas gets used up a lot quicker. People say it will just dilute in the big tank. The blower is dry, but this gas has sit in the contained for a year now. Its only about half a gallon and I was asking because there doesn't seem to be a right way to get rid of it. I don't want to burn it because I basically live in the woods.

I don't want to run stale gas through a brand new weed eater. I had a feeling people would go crazy over this. Lol.

If I don't want to burn it or put it in my vehicles, what can I do? Obviously I Cant just pour it out on the ground.