DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   5.7L (345 cu in) HEMI V8 Specific Topics (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196)
-   -   CAI Installed Check engine light on (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=151229)

BadX 08-24-2013 09:51 AM

CAI Installed Check engine light on

Hey guys. I just installed the K&N 77-1561KP on my new 2013 Dodge Ram 5.7. I followed the instructions to a "T" and when I cranked the truck to listen for any air sucking sounds I noticed the check engine light was on. Everything is plugged up and no air leaks. Test drove it and the truck ran great and actually feels like it has more power but the check engine light is still on. Any ideas?

gpff214 08-24-2013 11:49 AM

Did you disconnect the negative battery terminal after installing? Im far from an expert but that's what ive been to to do when installing a CAI so that the MAF sensor can relearn....:4-dontknow: Good luck hopefully this will help.

Grubrunner 08-24-2013 12:20 PM

If you're certain that all your connections/installation is correct, disconnect the battery's negative terminal and let it sit for 30mins then reconnect.

Let us know what happens....

brondondolon 08-24-2013 03:01 PM

i had the same issue with my S&B. my MAF sensor was out of position a tiny bit. check it out. on my truck the connecting clip should be pointing up and tilted towords the front of the truck a tiny bit. the CEL went away right after i fixed it and restarted the truck. also if you dont have a scanner you could take it to a auto shop even some autozones and they will scan it. if you do that report back with the codes. hope this helps and good luck.

BadX 08-24-2013 07:17 PM

Thanks for the help guys. I left the truck at the shop, rode the motorcycle home since the weather is so nice. I will try some of the suggestions and will report back on Monday.

BadX 08-26-2013 03:42 PM

Okay. Un-hooked battery for 30 mins made sure the air temp sensor was aligned to let air flow through it. CEL still lit up. Took it to local Auto zone and pulled the code and it was for the air temp sensor. Emailed K&N telling and to my surprise got a response quickly. There were supposed to be two air temp sensor wire extensions one for the 09-12 and one for the 13's. I got the one for the 09-12 and its not getting a connection so they are sending me out one today but the bad thing is they are in California and I am in NC so it will be next week before it arrives since the holiday weekend.

brondondolon 08-27-2013 12:08 AM

ah thats a bummer. good news though you got it all figured out. i hate that feeling though of having to wait on installing a mod. i just encountered that installing my tuner. i plugged it in and theni got some error and had to wait till morning to call diablo and resolve everything. but at least now you know what the problem is.

BadX 08-28-2013 08:46 PM

To my surprise the wire extensions arrived today from K&N. Put the correct extension on, unhooked the battery for 30 min's went back out and bada bing the CEL light was off.

I am surprised at the customer service from K&N, you don't find that much these days and would recommend them to anybody.