DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   It's rough being a Canadian!!! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=151251)

Stump3r 08-24-2013 01:43 PM

It's rough being a Canadian!!!

RANT ON!!!
I love being a canuck but there are times when being isolated in the frozen north SUCK! We are always years behind in getting anything up here. I need a new tablet for work and of course the model I want is not available in Canada and the US retailers that have it will NOT ship it north. Same thing with some of the new plastidip. The guys that retail it in Canada do not have access to all the colors available stateside. I could go on and on about having to pay more for everything etc. etc. but I'll quit my complaining and start planning a shopping trip south of the border. Besides the Ram likes long drives anyway!!!!

BlueJet 08-24-2013 01:56 PM

You DO have friends here in the states that can help?! Wink Wink

Jabalone 08-24-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueJet (Post 1184177)
You DO have friends here in the states that can help?! Wink Wink

Bluejet, can you mail me a Glock 19 and a case of tequila? LOL

I'm joking NSA staff. :LOL:

Not serious....

Please don't put me on the 'no fly list'.

BlueJet 08-24-2013 06:19 PM

I was going to send booze to another friend of mine in Toronto until I found out sending booze to Canada is illegal :(

It is just so dumb, we are all on the same land mass, why does a line make such a big deal??

Jabalone 08-24-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueJet (Post 1184284)
I was going to send booze to another friend of mine in Toronto until I found out sending booze to Canada is illegal :(

It is just so dumb, we are all on the same land mass, why does a line make such a big deal??

^100% --- although if our booze was as cheap as yours, I might drink twice as much tequila!

Grubrunner 08-24-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stump3r (Post 1184172)
RANT ON!!!
I love being a canuck but there are times when being isolated in the frozen north SUCK! We are always years behind in getting anything up here. I need a new tablet for work and of course the model I want is not available in Canada and the US retailers that have it will NOT ship it north. Same thing with some of the new plastidip. The guys that retail it in Canada do not have access to all the colors available stateside. I could go on and on about having to pay more for everything etc. etc. but I'll quit my complaining and start planning a shopping trip south of the border. Besides the Ram likes long drives anyway!!!!

Why is that, for the part in bold?

CajunDodge 08-25-2013 07:33 AM

That would suck. Guess I didn't realize how difficult it is for some of our Canadian friends to get things we can easily get here, that just seems crazy. Is it that the import fees are too high or the rules are altogether different?

- Cajun

Bordin 08-25-2013 09:00 AM

I do agree with you, living up north isolates you from a lot of major manufacturers.
Almost everything I order, comes from the states (money hungry bastards ha jk)

But other than that I wouldn't trade it for anything, I come from a town with about 14/15 thousand people. An old mining community and the bush is my home. Single lane highways and crooked cops is the life up here ha.

Stump3r 08-25-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grubrunner (Post 1184292)
Why is that, for the part in bold?

Got me, it's Verizon and they won't sell the tablet without activating the 4G/LTE and making their money on the monthly fees I guess. Oh well Samsung Canada tells me the LTE version of the tablet I want will be released before Christmas. So I know what the jolly fat guy is getting me this year!

Cajun, the problem with some products produced in the states is that we have very strict rules regarding some chemical compounds and they will not allow them in Canada. Catch this, the pain reliever Aleve has been available on the shelf in the states for years. It wasn't released in Canada until 3 years ago and we had to ask the pharmacist for it. About a year ago they finally put it out on the shelves. We have some very weird rules and regs up here. Oh and another product that we don't have up here that drives me sideways is Cherry Coke!

jimwww 09-01-2013 12:22 PM

We actually had cherry coke for a while here in BC but it did not sell well and they withdrew it.