DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2012 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   Lockpick install (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=151311)

Hendy26 08-25-2013 10:45 AM

Lockpick install

Hey guys,
I just finished installing my Lockpick V5 Freedom in Motion on the radio and have a question on the ipod functionality.

Are there different versions of the Lockpick that you can buy? I did some searching and find results that say "Lockpick w/Ipod integration". I wondering if i purchased the wrong one because pretty much my sole reason of buying it was for the ipod menu with album art and watching movies.

I know i can hook up the ipod through the RCA input jacks on the Lockpick that I have, but that would force me to control the ipod on the ipod itself rather than on the steering wheel controls or on the touch screen. Last question is, do you guys know if I can purchase a cable that will connect to the port on the Lockpick that is used for updating the firmware, with the other end of the cable going to the Ipod?

Thanks for you help.

C0ps 08-27-2013 01:16 AM

For your first question is yes, there is three different versions of the lockpick. Ne is called chr550 wich supports the iphones. The second one is listed as a lockpick V5 for older trucks. And the one we need for 2012 dodge rams is the mygig lockpick V5. For newer trucks. There is another version now called C8 I think which supports the 2013 rams!

The best way to choose the one for your car is to scroll to the bottom or open the online instruction manual, and there you will find the supported vehicle list. Good luck

Oh yes. Almost forgot your last question, the answer is no. Use bluetooth. Dont forget the iphone 5 does not support anolog video out anymore so you wont be able to output video from the iphone 5 with the CHR550 V5 lockpick.

ncaabbref 08-27-2013 09:36 AM

So is the Lockpick out now for the 8.4AN? I was just on their site last week and it said it was "coming soon" like it has been for months....

C0ps 08-27-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncaabbref (Post 1185893)
So is the Lockpick out now for the 8.4AN? I was just on their site last week and it said it was "coming soon" like it has been for months....

Yes campatability for the 8.4 is out but only for chrysler 300, chatger and journey. They are still working on the harness for the rams

Hendy26 08-27-2013 08:15 PM

Thanks

Appreciate the answers COps.

fastNugly @ BP 08-28-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hendy26 (Post 1186321)
Appreciate the answers COps.

Just quickly reading too and his answers seem spot on :smileup: