DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   Batt Charge Low (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=151395)

StevoSRT 08-26-2013 10:43 AM

Batt Charge Low

Hey All,

When I try to drop the truck using the Key Fob (Truck is off), it sometimes says "Batt Charge Low, Start Engine to Change Ride Height".

Has anyone else seen this or heard of this?

The truck is driven quite a bit and there is no sign of a low battery.

It is seemingly random (i.e. Happens after I have driven it, when it has been sitting, etc...) but not all the time.

MWade 08-26-2013 11:56 AM

I had this happen to me today. First time I've see this.

StevoSRT 08-26-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MWade (Post 1185294)
I had this happen to me today. First time I've see this.

Keep an eye out. It has happened to me more and more.

I keep a jumper box handy just in case until I get this resolved.

firemarshallvin 08-26-2013 01:18 PM

Have gotten the same, but very sporadic, notice more so though after she's been sitting overnight or all day. I was worried about it, and after reading through the book, it appears to be a warning specific to the air-suspension. I know that there are all sorts of safeties involved and this is just one of them. If the batt is below a certain point they don't want us utilizing the compressor (makes sense). Given all that, and not seeing it too much, I haven't been too worried. The threshold must be tight because I metered the battery when I got it one time and think it was like 12.3V or something close to that. Any batt isn't going to stay sitting at much more (maybe 12.5) than that anyways. Keep us posted if you come up with anything further.

StevoSRT 08-26-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firemarshallvin (Post 1185338)
Have gotten the same, but very sporadic, notice more so though after she's been sitting overnight or all day. I was worried about it, and after reading through the book, it appears to be a warning specific to the air-suspension. I know that there are all sorts of safeties involved and this is just one of them. If the batt is below a certain point they don't want us utilizing the compressor (makes sense). Given all that, and not seeing it too much, I haven't been too worried. The threshold must be tight because I metered the battery when I got it one time and think it was like 12.3V or something close to that. Any batt isn't going to stay sitting at much more (maybe 12.5) than that anyways. Keep us posted if you come up with anything further.

When I got my SRT...It died 3 days after I got it because of some random glitch in the module that controlled the sunroof.

I was having deja-vu when I started seeing "low-batt" again when I got the truck lol.

It drives me nuts when things dont work, so if I cant use my key fob to lower the truck its just going to irk me lol

ferret 08-26-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevoSRT (Post 1185230)
Hey All,

When I try to drop the truck using the Key Fob (Truck is off), it sometimes says "Batt Charge Low, Start Engine to Change Ride Height".

Has anyone else seen this or heard of this?

The truck is driven quite a bit and there is no sign of a low battery.

It is seemingly random (i.e. Happens after I have driven it, when it has been sitting, etc...) but not all the time.

Mine does this also. Plus I get the same message sometimes just starting the truck. Not touching the air suspension.

StevoSRT 08-26-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferret (Post 1185347)
Mine does this also. Plus I get the same message sometimes just starting the truck. Not touching the air suspension.

Good call, forgot to mention that.

I get that as well

Tony Munari 08-26-2013 03:12 PM

So it's not just me. I get the same thing if I lower the truck w/the fob and engine off. What makes NO sense is you can't raise with the fob only lower, so all you can do is start the engine to hit the switch to raise it up. Unless you can raise it w/engine off but in acc mode.

bradburyesqu 08-26-2013 03:48 PM

The salesmen on the lot had warned me that keeping the headlights in the auto position while parked can put a drain on the battery. He did say it wasn't that much of an issue unless you were leaving it set for a week or two (like when on vacation.) I wonder if that drain is just enough to cause this error message?

Ram Dude 08-26-2013 10:02 PM

Are you getting a battery charge low or a low voltage message in the EVIC???????