DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2014 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=247)
-   -   Waiting on VIN (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=151447)

menorah 08-26-2013 09:25 PM

Waiting on VIN

Placed order 8/6 , got VON from dealer a little over a week
later but still no VIN. CS said dealer should have it by now
but they say they don't. Is this about normal?

B-DOG :4-dontknow:

spp 08-26-2013 09:27 PM

It can be. PM the VON and I'll see if it's available.

menorah 08-26-2013 09:51 PM

Von

sorry SPP, the site won't let me pm. I haven't got enough
posts yet.

Thanks anyway, B-DOG

spp 08-26-2013 09:58 PM

Well then, Plan B... :D

zinc69 08-26-2013 11:04 PM

mine took 2 months to be assigned a vin, good luck

Bushmaster 08-27-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by menorah (Post 1185625)
Placed order 8/6 , got VON from dealer a little over a week
later but still no VIN. CS said dealer should have it by now
but they say they don't. Is this about normal?

B-DOG :4-dontknow:

Well at least you got a VON, still waiting on mine. Will have to go see the dealer on Friday and see if the have one. Been a week since I ordered it.

crabjoe 08-27-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bushmaster (Post 1186323)
Well at least you got a VON, still waiting on mine. Will have to go see the dealer on Friday and see if the have one. Been a week since I ordered it.

Sounds like your dealer hasn't entered your order. When my dealer entered my order, VON was instant.... In fact, it's been like that since my 1st order with Chrysler, back on '95.

Bushmaster 08-27-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crabjoe (Post 1186338)
Sounds like your dealer hasn't entered your order. When my dealer entered my order, VON was instant.... In fact, it's been like that since my 1st order with Chrysler, back on '95.

Yes maybe they didn't, I will definately be stopping by the dealer. They just said that the vehicle I ordered will be configured this way.
The build sheet doesn't even have my name on it, it's got the dealers name on it.:smiledown:

crabjoe 08-27-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bushmaster (Post 1186495)
Yes maybe they didn't, I will definately be stopping by the dealer. They just said that the vehicle I ordered will be configured this way.
The build sheet doesn't even have my name on it, it's got the dealers name on it.:smiledown:

It sounds like they didn't actually place the order... They did a mock build, so they could print the build/order sheet... Which they can do.

When they place a sold order, it will have your name and address on the bottom left and will also say sold order.

If they haven't actually place the order, I wonder what their reasoning might be....

topgun 08-27-2013 11:34 PM

Maybe it has to do with who you talk to at the dealership. I deal directly with the sales manager (small dealer) and he is the one who orders the vehicles. Always left with the VON. If you are dealing with a salesman and he does a build, he may actually only spec the truck out but not actually place the order. After accepted, he may pass it on to someone else who actually orders the truck. A good reason to get a copy of the actual order complete with your name and VON to double check for accuracy.