DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2014 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=247)
-   -   Just about finished with Ram (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=151529)

skytop 08-27-2013 08:52 PM

Just about finished with Ram

I am just a bit too infuriated and disappointed with Ram right now to write much. What I will state is that I found when there is a customer issue with the product (not the dealer), Ram has instituted a glass ceiling in the customer support department. They provide a "customer service" phone number with a courteous person who yeses you and but is incapable of doing anything meaningful. Why? Because Ram has designed a wall to be between themselves and the customers. Ram does not permit their phone rep to provide any manager, any supervisor, any production person, anyone in upper management to speak with or respond to a product issue or complaint. The "customer service" STOPS DEAD at the customer service level. I was advised Ram could do no more and I could do nothing. I was refused even an address of a supervisor to write to! Ram in effect recognizes your phone call but prevents any escalation of the issue or complaint. Ram motto: Good by, so long, ta ta. Thanks for calling."

I am weighing my decision to cancel my order and buy a different brand truck. I am NOT going to purchase a $56,000 truck and be given nothing but worthless vacuous lip service by customer support who is effectively gagged by Ram.

I learned today that there is NO actual customer support system at Ram. I cannot do business with a company that is blind to problems, deaf to customer issues and insulates itself from the customer. Mind you, it is not the problem with the truck now, but the infuriating, offensive manner in which Ram isolates itself and blocks the customer from reaching anyone and making any meaningful contact. A truly miserable customer relations system is at work at Ram.

Grubrunner 08-27-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skytop (Post 1186349)
I am just a bit too infuriated and disappointed with Ram right now to write much. What I will state is that I found when there is a customer issue with the product (not the dealer), Ram has instituted a glass ceiling in the customer support department. They provide a "customer service" phone number with a courteous person who yeses you and but is incapable of doing anything meaningful. Why? Because Ram has designed a wall to be between themselves and the customers. Ram does not permit their phone rep to provide any manager, any supervisor, any production person, anyone in upper management to speak with or respond to a product issue or complaint. The "customer service" STOPS DEAD at the customer service level. I was advised Ram could do no more and I could do nothing. I was refused even an address of a supervisor to write to! Ram in effect recognizes your phone call but prevents any escalation of the issue or complaint. Ram motto: Good by, so long, ta ta. Thanks for calling."

I am weighing my decision to cancel my order and buy a different brand truck. I am NOT going to purchase a $56,000 truck and be given nothing but worthless vacuous lip service by customer support who is effectively gagged by Ram.

I learned today that there is NO actual customer support system at Ram. I cannot do business with a company that is blind to problems, deaf to customer issues and insulates itself from the customer. Mind you, it is not the problem with the truck now, but the infuriating, offensive manner in which Ram isolates itself and blocks the customer from reaching anyone and making any meaningful contact. A truly miserable customer relations system is at work at Ram.

How exactly did you "learn" the part in bold?

skytop 08-27-2013 09:08 PM

By the best means available...by my personal experience directly with Ram, today. It is quite clear in the post. Also, I reported this for the forum and I am not going to debate it. Take it at face value or ignore it. Your choice.

BAB 08-27-2013 09:36 PM

Very, very discouraging for any company to provide no form of redress for a customer. Alas, this has happened to me as well -- not with Ram -- but a customer service representative who refused to let me speak to their manager. Direct quote, "I do not have a manager." As someone who has a brand new Laramie 2500 4x4 w/Cummins, this post disturbs me. A lot. I assume that whatever went wrong had to do with a truck on order?

JamesL 08-27-2013 09:43 PM

I actually think when you call it isnt really Dodge. I think it is a company they hire to field the calls

Yankee 08-27-2013 09:56 PM

I used to pride myself on being able to hack thru anybodys bureaucracy...not RAMs...each and every time i ran into exactly the same nonsense you did...those "tales" are buried in here...and now, get replaced by MORE newbies wanting to know "WTF is going on?"...asking exactly the same questions, getting exactly the same NON answers.

....I am convinced they arent outsourced, they are actually Chrysler employees, "branded" for specific product lines...I got many references to other depts in the building...meaning Chrysler HQ....the only saving grace was that i actually got my truck...it begs the question, how many frustrated people order one, run into "problems", and not merely cancel, but buy one off the lot?? mebbe thats the plan...they got entirely too many 13's to get rid of...nevertheless, even tho i got mine, and its just fine thankyou, I cant argue with you...

All i can say is, you arent getting even with anyone. Assuming for the moment you DO get the thing, obviously it then devolves into a relationship between you and the service dept, at least during the warranty period. I cant give you advice...I can feel your "angst" right thru the screen as weird as that sounds....good luck...

teflon74 08-27-2013 10:14 PM

sky you seem to be finding more issue and ros with ram than anyone I have ever seen. I in fact work with folks who take those calls up here in Canada and I beg to differ with you. they do infact exist and they do deal with customer issues daily. if you weren't a senior member here I would suspect your some kind of ram hater. please don't tell everyone that what you seem to have experienced is what everyone will get. Maybe your number is on a PITA (pain In the ass) list and they just don't want to deal with you for whatever reason. Teflon

Grubrunner 08-27-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teflon74 (Post 1186441)
sky you seem to be finding more issue and ros with ram than anyone I have ever seen. I in fact work with folks who take those calls up here in Canada and I beg to differ with you. they do infact exist and they do deal with customer issues daily. if you weren't a senior member here I would suspect your some kind of ram hater. please don't tell everyone that what you seem to have experienced is what everyone will get. Maybe your number is on a PITA (pain In the ass) list and they just don't want to deal with you for whatever reason. Teflon

That was my initial thought after reading his opening rant..... at least along those lines. I just didn't want to call him out [hater] so I asked a very straight-forward question that he conveniently dodged and gave me an ultimatum. That's fine. I chose to "ignore" him.

After his reply to my question earlier, I agree with everything you've said.

Misery loves company.....

Kudos and points coming your way.

Your closing sentence is a gem!

A big n' fat.... :smileup:

spoiler 08-27-2013 10:27 PM

I trust that skytop is infuriated- likely for good reason... I would like to know what the problem is.... or how it started and what he was hoping to achieve.

As a Ram owner with lots of warranty left... I have to be curious as to what would make customer service put up a brick wall? Is is easy for me to imagine that some folks could ask for "the unreasonable request" but I'd be disturbed if I thought his request was completely reasonable.
Can you provide and detail as to what started it all?

JamesL 08-28-2013 10:03 AM

I think skytop is exactly right. If you are spending this kimd of money cs should be at its highest level. I have had the exact same experience and so has many others