DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   Field tech coming to fix my truck (hopefully) (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=151720)

jimbomaz 08-29-2013 10:59 PM

Field tech coming to fix my truck (hopefully)

Damn, I love this truck!!! But the radio is giving me all kinds of problems. This would be the 5th radio swap.
Anyone have to have a person from Ram work on their truck? Just wondering what to expect.
FYI, the radio changes stations on its own, locks up, goes blank, sometimes the volume works, sometimes I cant change stations, etc. I have many videos and the service writer has a few videos of the radio doing goofy things...ugghghg

RogerRamJet 08-29-2013 11:01 PM

They are coming to you? That's interesting. I'm curious to know how that comes out.

Bully's Performance 08-29-2013 11:01 PM

I do not envy you with that radio fiasco. I hope they can get it all sorted out for you.

Monster5601 08-30-2013 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerRamJet (Post 1188100)
They are coming to you? That's interesting. I'm curious to know how that comes out.

I often go to a dealership to troubleshoot a vehicle problem that is extraordinary but never to a custmores home or location.

RogerRamJet 08-30-2013 10:02 AM

Oh! I get it. Field tech coming to the dealership. Gotcha.

jimbomaz 08-30-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerRamJet (Post 1188350)
Oh! I get it. Field tech coming to the dealership. Gotcha.

Sorry..should have made it clearer. I'm meeting the tech at my dealer. He/she is not coming to my house. We'll see what happens!!

stx4x4 08-31-2013 08:14 AM

have a friend with same problem, though his is more, wont run ac, turns on by its self, sometimes not work at all, he is on his 6th radio, truck is only 5 months old, I guess Chrysler/ram are going to replace his truck, don't know if that's true or not, but will see what happens! le tme know how it went with your truck !

AGameW 08-31-2013 12:41 PM

I feel your pain.

I'm running software version 13.90 & did a battery disconnect and have no media hub function at all.

My dealer wants me to leave the truck with them so they can "Play with It" to try & figure it out..........

How about "NO!!!!!"

I couldn't love this truck more but this radio scares the S*&T out of me.

topgun 08-31-2013 03:55 PM

Maybe Ford or Chevy sent the trucks a computer virus through the UConnect Access feature......

JK, hope they get you fixed up. It seems as though these new trucks are getting too complicated for the dependabilty people deserve/expect.

jimbomaz 09-01-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stx4x4 (Post 1189163)
have a friend with same problem, though his is more, wont run ac, turns on by its self, sometimes not work at all, he is on his 6th radio, truck is only 5 months old, I guess Chrysler/ram are going to replace his truck, don't know if that's true or not, but will see what happens! let me know how it went with your truck !

We'll see what happens. I sort of wish they'd just replace the truck. I know its just a radio, but when it acts up, I cant do anything. The only thing I can control is the fan speed of the blower.
Last time it did it, thankfully I had the A/C on because it was pretty hot outside. The next morning it was cold (outside) AND cold in the truck because I could not turn the a/c off!!!! Everything started working later that day, but, damn...I shouldnt have to deal with this.
This will be a total of about 12 trips to the dealer for the same problem. Once to diagnose and order the radio and once to get the radio installed. (Plus the other times when I stop by the dealer so he can take a video of what the radio is doing that day).
Ughhhdhgh. I hope it gets fixed cause I really love the damn thing!!