DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   Add OEM remote start (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=151783)

Gargiulo 08-30-2013 09:32 PM

Add OEM remote start

If I have the dealer install the factory remote start do I get new key fobs and a push button ignition? Would love to have sensor door handles like my wife's jeep.

CowboyZ51 08-31-2013 12:34 PM

If you have the Passive Entry system and Push-button Start, there is no dealer option for remote start. I just went thru this. Bought my 13 Sport in Dec 12 and was told there would be a dealer installed factory remote start coming as they were on ""Back order"" but in actuality they were not available. then i was told that Dodge was coming out with a fix for this. but that didn't happen and i told the dealership that if they couldn't deliver by the end of summer, they would be paying for an aftermarket system. its only been recently that an after market system has become available thru Viper or AUtostart. so i just got mine put in last week :) dealer paid!

Since i never got the dealer installed factory option, im not sure if youll get new FOBs, but i would suspect yes because the FOB (or at least mine) did not have the x2 button on it.

but if you get the passive entry system (which i like alot on my truck) then make sure you have all your i's dotted and T's crossed on the deal you write up with the dealership, because my last understanding was that passive entry and remote start was not available nor ever will be on the '13s.

bigralphy 08-31-2013 12:40 PM

Aftermarket has been out since March. Dei, blade, fortin, idatalink have had bypasses for quite sometime now. I would opt for aftermarket anyway unless you only need 100 yards of range

Gargiulo 08-31-2013 07:37 PM

What is a passive entry system?
Quote:

Originally Posted by CowboyZ51 (Post 1189290)
If you have the Passive Entry system and Push-button Start, there is no dealer option for remote start. I just went thru this. Bought my 13 Sport in Dec 12 and was told there would be a dealer installed factory remote start coming as they were on ""Back order"" but in actuality they were not available. then i was told that Dodge was coming out with a fix for this. but that didn't happen and i told the dealership that if they couldn't deliver by the end of summer, they would be paying for an aftermarket system. its only been recently that an after market system has become available thru Viper or AUtostart. so i just got mine put in last week :) dealer paid!

Since i never got the dealer installed factory option, im not sure if youll get new FOBs, but i would suspect yes because the FOB (or at least mine) did not have the x2 button on it.

but if you get the passive entry system (which i like alot on my truck) then make sure you have all your i's dotted and T's crossed on the deal you write up with the dealership, because my last understanding was that passive entry and remote start was not available nor ever will be on the '13s.

Sohighlyunlikely 08-31-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gargiulo (Post 1189532)
What is a passive entry system?

An option that allows you to enter your truck without a key(just a transponder in your pocket) and start with the truck with a push of a button.

Doc

RogerRamJet 09-01-2013 01:38 AM

Passive entry is just like the sensor door handles on your wife's jeep.

Gargiulo 09-01-2013 11:06 AM

Ha!! The dealer told me that Ram didn't offer this feature yet. Got to love the true they make up..

RogerRamJet 09-01-2013 06:23 PM

I know the 13's have it, don't know about the 12's though. It's part of the convenience group.

2011 ASSAULT 800 09-01-2013 06:36 PM

my 13 sport has passive entry and remote start, purchased on Aug. 13th/2013

Gargiulo 09-01-2013 06:39 PM

Do you know if you can add this feature? Mopar or aftermarket? Really like the convenience of leaving my keys in my pocket.
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2011 ASSAULT 800 (Post 1190229)
my 13 sport has passive entry and remote start, purchased on Aug. 13th/2013