DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Washing & Waxing (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Best care for chrome clad wheels (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=151954)

Rygi 09-01-2013 11:52 PM

Best care for chrome clad wheels

My optional 20" chrome clad wheels look nice and would like to keep them nice and shiny and free of oxidation and scratching. Anyone have a suggestion on what I should use on them for cleaning/polishing and the best methods to apply it? Thanks a bunch.

PaulMys 09-01-2013 11:59 PM

You can find info on this in the detailing section of the forum. But quick rundown, wash them often. Apply a cleaner after (I like Plexus). And give them a coat of wax periodically. Mine are 16 months old, and look great.

Rygi 09-02-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulMys (Post 1190448)
You can find info on this in the detailing section of the forum. But quick rundown, wash them often. Apply a cleaner after (I like Plexus). And give them a coat of wax periodically. Mine are 16 months old, and look great.

10-4 on the detailing section. Fairly new to the forum, I'm probably missing a lot navigating with this little I phone screen lol. Appreciate the feedback.

hemi07 09-02-2013 12:21 AM

I used super clean on mine. Washed them once a week.i also used aluminum cleaner once a month and the where shinner than the new ones. Mine where off a 07

Chunkem 09-02-2013 01:29 AM

I would PM Primospaghetti and inquire about some of the products that are available....He is the resident expert and would be able to help you out......

Rygi 09-02-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunkem (Post 1190509)
I would PM Primospaghetti and inquire about some of the products that are available....He is the resident expert and would be able to help you out......

"Primospaghetti", lol awesome. Will Pm him. Thank you buddy.

Asur 09-02-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulMys (Post 1190448)

Agree 100% :smileup:

primo spaghetti 09-02-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rygi (Post 1190442)
My optional 20" chrome clad wheels look nice and would like to keep them nice and shiny and free of oxidation and scratching. Anyone have a suggestion on what I should use on them for cleaning/polishing and the best methods to apply it? Thanks a bunch.

for cleaning, you have many options from soap and water with elbow grease, to chemical cleaners like p21s or sonax.

for polishing, i liketo use something like nevr dull or a mild cleaner/polish such as something like duragloss 105 total permformance polish. itleaves a little protection behind.

OR, my number one recommendation is to look to a sealant or wax for the wheel once they are clean. Collonite 845 is one that comes to mind, or Rejex, or permanent coating with Opti Coat.

Chunkem 09-02-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rygi (Post 1190567)
"Primospaghetti", lol awesome. Will Pm him. Thank you buddy.

Anytime, let me know how you make out....

Ed

LowUFO 09-02-2013 09:44 PM

I have a bunch of high end shit for the truck but I find that Windex works as well as anything else.