DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2014 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=247)
-   -   May be changing my mind....LH vs. Lim. '14 Order (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=151987)

newramkid 09-02-2013 01:48 PM

May be changing my mind....LH vs. Lim. '14 Order

Looks like we can spec out a LH to be almost a match to the Limited.

Besides the Limited badging, instrument cluster and tire inserts.....what swayed you to buy your Limited?

I like the flexibility of the color options for the LH.

Either way I am ordering within a week and I will have a stupid sh** eating grin from ear to ear when I get her.

I was just curious.
thanks!
J

Kcbigbadram 09-02-2013 02:04 PM

I don't have one but I like the interior in the limited better than the longhorn. Plus I believe the limited comes with the painted bumpers so that would be better too

Darwin00537 09-02-2013 02:30 PM

The limited comes with air suspension standard as well as items you'd find in the convenience group like keyless go and automatic headlamps. Just to add to what's already been said.

I chose the limited over the LH as I'm not huge on the cowboy styling of the LH. The limited is basically a LH trimmed out in a more subtle, less cowboyish, manner. Here's my window sticker. It shows what comes in the Limited "26M" package.
http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/window...RR6PTXES102943

JCC11 09-02-2013 03:19 PM

You can definitely spec a Longhorn out to be almost the same as the Limited. The features will be the same. The differences are cosmetic:

If you like a high-end black interior, then go Limited. If you like a high-end brown or tan, go Longhorn.

If you like monotone paint with chrome bumpers...Longhorn, or painted bumpers...Limited.

Limited wheels are a bit darker with chrome inserts. Longhorn wheels a bit lighter and with the same chrome inserts (unless your Longhorn is two tone, then gold inserts).

A couple of different badges does not a better truck make....

surcy 09-02-2013 04:33 PM

I did not want the western theme. The Limited interior color is listed as black, but it looks more like a very dark charcoal that I like more than the saddle color.

Mostly, just personal preference.

As info, I have had more positive comments, thumbs up on my 2012 Limited Mineral Gray than any vehicle I have owned.

astonius 09-02-2013 04:51 PM

Interior quality between the two is the same: leather door panels/center console, real wood accents, wooden steering wheel, improved leather quality. It's really purely about appearance. Do you want a "cowboy" style interior with chrome or two-tone bumpers or a more sporty black interior with monotone paint? Debadging the Longhorn is easy if that is throwing you off. A fully optioned Longhorn is almost identical in price to a fully optioned Limited.

Oh, also, if you like the tan look of the Longhorn interior but not all that filigree (the "cowboy" accents) you can option a Longhorn with no filigree.

Explorer Rob 09-03-2013 12:40 AM

I ordered my Longhorn in January. There was no mention of and I knew nothing about the Limited. I was all set to order a QC Copperhead Sport because I like the monopaint look better and am not a fan of chrome. The thing that changed my mind is the air-suspension and 8-speed transmission were must haves on my long list. I didn't originally consider the Longhorn because i wanted a quad cab and not the crew cab. That changed on one of my trips to the dealership when I actually sat in the back of a quad cab. I found it more cramped to my liking. Even though I will never intend on riding back there I didn't want to subject my passengers nor did I want them that close to me and kicking my seat. I do like the interior color better on the limited but the exterior color choices were all at the bottom of my list. To me the perfect Ram would have been a Blackgold Limited, a close second would be Copperhead.

If the 2014 "build your own" web site color pictures are correct, the Longhorns now in monopaint comes with bumpers and side steps painted to match. They are only showing 5 monopaint options, but the Deep Cherry Red looks real nice. If Ram releases the rest of the colors on the Longhorn and the monopaint pictures are correct then it is a huge improvement over the chrome bumpers. I wouldn't have chosen the gold 2-tone.

exilepa 09-03-2013 10:28 AM

I went with Longhorn over Limited only becasue I didn't like the looks of the painted bumpers or wheel to wheel side steps. I also like that contrasting interior colors in the Longhorn better. You can get the Longhorn seats with the the Filigree stitching. I just comes down to personal preference.

JCC11 09-03-2013 04:09 PM

I liked the Longhorn interior colors much MUCH more! And I liked the Longhorn exterior color options much more. I did not like the Limited exterior/interior color options very much.

And while I preferred two tone paint, I just wasn't into the Longhorn gold. Nor was I into the chrome bumpers in the Longhorn monotone. In a perfect world, I would have a Longhorn in two tone, but with Laramie silver-grayish lower paint.

Surprisingly, I couldn't convince RAM or my dealer make that truck magically appear :4-dontknow: .

skytop 09-07-2013 01:17 PM

See if you can order the power folding side mirrors. To my surprise, even on the Limited, the power folding side mirrors are NOT available. According to Ram technical dept., you cannot order the power folding feature if you have a chrome backed mirror package (which the Limited comes with). Sounds like B.S. to me but that is how Ram runs the show.