DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   2013 Air Suspension Override (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=152083)

ScoMo 09-03-2013 01:16 PM

2013 Air Suspension Override

Has anyone out there devised a way to keep the truck from lowering itself or is this just a pipe dream?

I'm sure someone could make a nice chunk of change if they designed something to prevent it. :thk:

Just wishful thinking I guess.. :smiley_thumbs_up:

edge35 09-03-2013 01:21 PM

By lowering itself do you mean the Aero mode on the highway or the self leveling feature when it detects weight in the bed? Aero mode can be turned off but I don't recall hearing about a way to defeat the auto leveling.

I also have heard of no way to keep it from lowering itself from the off-road modes once you pass a certain speed.

Someone posted something on here awhile back about a company working on a solution for this but I never heard more about it.

ScoMo 09-03-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edge35 (Post 1191540)
By lowering itself do you mean the Aero mode on the highway or the self leveling feature when it detects weight in the bed? Aero mode can be turned off but I don't recall hearing about a way to defeat the auto leveling.

I also have heard of no way to keep it from lowering itself from the off-road modes once you pass a certain speed.

Someone posted something on here awhile back about a company working on a solution for this but I never heard more about it.

Just talking about it lowering itself from the off road heights.

jnrmaxwell 09-03-2013 01:28 PM

If you mean aero mode on highway put it in tow/haul mode that will block it from lowering :smileup:

Manic52001 09-03-2013 02:16 PM

If you are asking about using the system to give you a permanent 2inch lift no.... you are better off going lvling kit. Air suspension was not meant for this also the ride gets spongy at the offroad 2 height wouldnit want to be traveling down road and have a panic manuver.

Rah 09-03-2013 04:24 PM

I have no problems with the height lowering at greater speeds (off road 2 -> 1, 1-> normal, and aero) I just wish they could default back to at least Off-road 1 and I think that is something completely feasible because you're not overriding any safety features you're just saving yourself hitting the button every time.

That all said, have the Jeep guys got something? If they don't by now we'll probably be waiting a while, if we get something at all.

Manic52001 09-03-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rah (Post 1191708)
I have no problems with the height lowering at greater speeds (off road 2 -> 1, 1-> normal, and aero) I just wish they could default back to at least Off-road 1 and I think that is something completely feasible because you're not overriding any safety features you're just saving yourself hitting the button every time.

That all said, have the Jeep guys got something? If they don't by now we'll probably be waiting a while, if we get something at all.

I just want a lvl kit For the air ride

Alter Ego Trip 09-03-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic52001 (Post 1191922)
I just want a lvl kit For the air ride

Ummm, the air ride always levels the truck; that's the point of it.

Manic52001 09-03-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alter Ego Trip (Post 1191938)
Ummm, the air ride always levels the truck; that's the point of it.

For the front eVen with ride lvleing, the front is stil lower

Alter Ego Trip 09-03-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic52001 (Post 1191971)
For the front eVen with ride lvleing, the front is stil lower

Mine's pretty much dead on. Might be because I've been used to staring at my raked 11 for the past couple years. :)