DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   Uconnect ver 13.31.6 (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=152092)

Garemz 09-03-2013 01:44 PM

Uconnect ver 13.31.6

Just got a new radio installed with ver 13.31.6

Anyone know what the changes are?

edge35 09-03-2013 03:01 PM

First I've heard of it. Now that they have stopped putting the updates on the Uconnect web site (even though they left the "check for updates" section on there to confuse people) there will probably be a bunch of updates that go unnoticed. If they don't want us to update it ourselves anymore then fine but at least announce when there is an update so we know when to make an appointment with our dealer. Listing the release notes would be a nice touch, too.

Someone will probably either have to call Uconnect customer support or their dealer to get the release notes. Which radio do you have? I don't suppose you have the Pandora or iheartradio apps showing (and working) on your radio?

The update must be pretty new because I was on the phone with customer support just a week or two ago and at that point 13.19.0 was the most current version.

I actually need to take my truck in to get a recall taken care of so I can ask them to upgrade my Uconnect software, too. I really would like to hear from others who have it first, though. Learned that lesson the hard way...

mids 09-03-2013 04:10 PM

Gave UConnect a call, after bouncing between a few reps to get to the right person, here is what I was told.
Expected general release date; 9/16/13
Installable by dealer.
Fixes include: NAV issues, and FM audio clarity "crackling" issue.
Improvements include: voice recognition, and app load times.
Still to come: Apps. Stated as coming fairly soon, but no exact date set. They claim to currently be making the last few tweaks before release. Apps will be an automatic OTA add on.

edge35 09-03-2013 05:04 PM

Thanks for getting the info, Mids! Doesn't sound like a huge update unless you have sound quality or nav issues. I don't but I am curious to see how big an improvement the voice recognition is. I hate trying to tell it a destination and instead having it change the radio station :)

Garemz 09-03-2013 10:03 PM

Differences I have noticed so far.

Phone: dial button is green, hang up button is red. There is a timer while your on the phone now.

Media: Icons for ipod sd card bluetooth are better.

everything else is much snappier now, haven't had to much time to play with it.

Stump3r 09-03-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garemz (Post 1192097)
Differences I have noticed so far.

Phone: dial button is green, hang up button is red. There is a timer while your on the phone now.

Media: Icons for ipod sd card bluetooth are better.

everything else is much snappier now, haven't had to much time to play with it.

Which dealer did you get this done at? I'm due for an oil change and I guess a radio flash :D

Garemz 09-03-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stump3r (Post 1192198)
Which dealer did you get this done at? I'm due for an oil change and I guess a radio flash :D

Capital dodge south side

Stump3r 09-03-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garemz (Post 1192202)
Capital dodge south side

Good stuff! Thanks!!!

Garemz 09-16-2013 11:21 PM

Navigation in dash and on the screen tells me to turn the opposite way the arrow is showing.

Anyone know if there is a fix for this?

I don't see how they missed something like this during QC

DarthRam 09-16-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mids (Post 1191747)
Improvements include: voice recognition, and app load times.

Apps?!? What apps?!?