DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LEVELING (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=261)
-   -   level, wheels, and tires...just what I wanted. (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=152333)

Rumblefish237 09-06-2013 02:49 AM

level, wheels, and tires...just what I wanted.

2 Attachment(s)
I just had my truck levelled with Bilstein 5100's maxed out at 2.8" with Goodyear Duratrac 285/70R17 on Fuel Boost wheels. The truck rides great so far with no vibration and barely any noise.

All the work was done by Sorat Wheels and Tires in North Vancouver, BC, Canada. Have to give these guys a big shout out for some amazing work. In addition to the level and wheels/tires, they cutout the horrible crushed y-pipe and crushed straight pipe that runs under the oil pan and replaced it with a Magnaflow Y and stainless mandrel bent pipe where required when they installed the Magnaflow 18" muffler and massive Magnaflow SS tail pipe. This rig now roars to life when I get on it and produces a nice deep rumble at cruising speed. This exhaust along with my S&B CAI seems to give me better response although I don't have any data to back up that claim.

All in all, I am very happy with the work done by Sorat so far and I will be going back to them for more work down the line. In fact I will be going in next Friday for my tonneau cover and possibly a Daiblo DCX 1000 if they can find one for the 2013 model. It would be nice to tune the truck to get the most out of all the bolt-ons.

Anyway, enjoy the pics, I just had to gloat a bit. I really do like my new truck and what a great bloody forum to show it off on.

gonefishin776 09-06-2013 10:27 AM

man that truck looks fantastic now. very good very good

Rumblefish237 09-06-2013 11:17 AM

Thanks!

Drove it around town last night just to hear the exhaust. Getting it muddy this weekend!

gonefishin776:

How do you like the Superchips 3865. I am looking into a programmer and I have read up on Bully Dog and Diablo but I am unfamiliar with Superchips. Can you revert it to factory settings for bringing it to the dealership and if so, does it leave a fingerprint?

gonefishin776 09-06-2013 11:25 AM

I'm pretty sure superchips doesn't have tuning for 11 12 or 13 rams yet.

and I think bullydog is the only one who has 13 tuning. but yes you can revert back to stock and take it in without issues. if they looked hard enough they can see how many times the trucks been reflashed but plenty of people runs these tuners with no problem. It's the diesel guys who need to be concerned with programmer/warranty issues

Rumblefish237 09-06-2013 11:27 AM

Awesome, thanks for the info!

TonyG- 09-06-2013 12:17 PM

Your truck looks great!

h2oman 09-06-2013 03:59 PM

That thing almost looks lifted. Very nice.

Rumblefish237 09-06-2013 04:02 PM

Well with the tires and the level, I am getting about 3.5"-4" additional clearance in front.

2011 ASSAULT 800 09-06-2013 06:41 PM

awesome looking truck fella, the more I see pics of 2013's like yours the more I want to do the exact same with mine and get my fuel wheels that came off my 04 that are in the garage collecting dust wrapped in good looking rubber and onto my new truck!! :rep:

Maverick12 09-10-2013 03:12 AM

Nice set up! You went with 2.8 on the front, did you lift the rear at all? Do you find that the front sits higher set at 2.8?