DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Pictures - Photos (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Tow Mirrors Installed (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=152335)

Canadian Hemi Pride 09-06-2013 02:01 AM

Tow Mirrors Installed

So I have always disliked the stock mirrors, especially after I got my tires.. just felt like I was missing something.
So I went out on Kijiji and managed to find this set of used power/heated tow mirrors at a good price. Few scuffs but can't complain.
They are actually 2500 Tow mirrors from unknown year, guy had 3 or 4 2500's :LOL:.. Well here are the pics.. I think I finally have enough to make a complete build thread?:hah:
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7a979f8a.jpg
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/...psd859a4d2.jpg

gonefishin776 09-06-2013 07:39 AM

It's about time you got rid of those baby mirrors. haha

those tow mirrors are huge! I can dig it. You truck looks sweet man, nice and clean.

JimsRamTruck2012 09-06-2013 10:35 AM

They look great on the truck. :smileup:

Did you have to get a reflash for them to work? :4-dontknow: Or do they have the same features as your old mirrors and you just installed and you were good to go. :4-dontknow:

Canadian Hemi Pride 09-06-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonefishin776 (Post 1194158)
It's about time you got rid of those baby mirrors. haha

those tow mirrors are huge! I can dig it. You truck looks sweet man, nice and clean.

Thanks :smileup:Yeah they are big, I gotta fold them in at school because my truck becomes biggere then the spot, I love them though.. Now I just need a 6" lift and to paint my headlights black.
Quote:

Originally Posted by JimsRamTruck2012 (Post 1194261)
They look great on the truck. :smileup:

Did you have to get a reflash for them to work? :4-dontknow: Or do they have the same features as your old mirrors and you just installed and you were good to go. :4-dontknow:

Thanks. My stock mirrors were also power/ heated so they are sopose to be plug and play.. So far the Passenger one works :LOL:.. I might have to clean the plug out or check for a lose connection on the driver side one.. But I can easily manually adjust it by stretching out the window. Just glad my passenger side works.

dodgeboy360 09-07-2013 01:32 AM

Wow trucks looking good man last time I seen it it didn't have the wheels ad black front end.. Looks good

BowHunter11 09-07-2013 02:00 PM

Looks great! I also replaced my stock mirrors with the tow mirrors and do not regret it!!

Canadian Hemi Pride 09-07-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dodgeboy360 (Post 1194733)
Wow trucks looking good man last time I seen it it didn't have the wheels ad black front end.. Looks good

Thanks a lot man.. Yeah I have had a busy summer with my truck getting everything done. Hoping for a 6" lift next year, but in the mean time gotta black out the headlights.
Quote:

Originally Posted by BowHunter11 (Post 1194929)
Looks great! I also replaced my stock mirrors with the tow mirrors and do not regret it!!

Yeah I don't think I could ever go back.. I still got the stock ones floating around in the back seat trying to find a spot for them:hah:

JimsRamTruck2012 09-08-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride (Post 1194520)
Thanks. My stock mirrors were also power/ heated so they are sopose to be plug and play.. So far the Passenger one works :LOL:.. I might have to clean the plug out or check for a lose connection on the driver side one.. But I can easily manually adjust it by stretching out the window. Just glad my passenger side works.

That does sound like a loose connection especially if the window is powered and still works. Also, check to see if the mirror motor show any signs of damage. :wavey:

fastNugly @ BP 09-08-2013 11:33 PM

Yup! Those suit your truck much better
Everytime I see pics of my truck with the sport mirrors, I almost gag. Looks funny with a lifted (in your case, leveled) truck

But your truck looks BAD ASS

:rep:

Canadian Hemi Pride 09-09-2013 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimsRamTruck2012 (Post 1195408)
That does sound like a loose connection especially if the window is powered and still works. Also, check to see if the mirror motor show any signs of damage. :wavey:

Yeah I have been meaning too.. But i usually am busy whenever there is light out.. And it is always a hassle to get my friends to hold a flashlight with their smokes.. Lazy F*ckers :LOL:

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastNugly @ BP (Post 1195829)
Yup! Those suit your truck much better
Everytime I see pics of my truck with the sport mirrors, I almost gag. Looks funny with a lifted (in your case, leveled) truck

But your truck looks BAD ASS

:rep:

Thanks.. Yeah those mirrors were a buzzkill... And hopefully next year I will have a lift on its way.. Tested out the tires today and got the truck caked in some mud.. Work amazing.:smileup: