DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram 4x4 - Offroad Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=213)
-   -   Feed back on a HEMI 4X4 (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=152414)

richmond 09-07-2013 02:07 PM

Feed back on a HEMI 4X4

Well, I drove the wife's HEMI to the next city over. It was quiet, plenty of power, sets up off the ground and 4 low has got it going. I even got aggravated with a Ford pickup doing 40 in a 55 so I romped it, blew his doors off. I've been learning about the HEMI for sometime from you guys.

All I can say is, it's all true. NO COMPLAINTS! R...:smileup:

Canadian Hemi Pride 09-07-2013 07:13 PM

Glad you liked it. The Hemi is quite the engine and the 1500 Rams are great trucks. For 20 years I grew up in a 'religiously GMC/ Chev' family and only 1 relative got an f150 and was eliminated from contact :LOL:. I have driven every different type of gm truck growing up and also friends.. Moment I drove my work 04 Hemi and also the 98 Cummins.. I knew my first truck was gonna make me the black sheep of the family.. The power they have is just amazing and all my chev friends ain't have a chance against me.

dvarn 09-07-2013 09:51 PM

My first vehicle was a 94 Ram 1500 with a 5.2L. That was a great truck, and my cousin is still driving it every day. Then I had a 2004 1500 Hemi. Loved that too. Although the tranny died under 30,000 miles and Chrysler had to eat a few thousand $$ to replace it. Now I have the 2009 1500 4x4 Hemi and absolutely love it. I can't see leaving Dodge when I've only had great trucks from them.

richmond 09-07-2013 10:31 PM

Thanks team

1 Attachment(s)
I had my first great Dodge experience with a 66 d100 and a 318 I bought in the 70's, fresh out of the Navy. I'm pretty much a Dodge guy as you can see. Thanks for the responses (especially from the MDS side). R...

Canadian Hemi Pride 09-08-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richmond (Post 1195222)
I had my first great Dodge experience with a 66 d100 and a 318 I bought in the 70's, fresh out of the Navy. I'm pretty much a Dodge guy as you can see. Thanks for the responses (especially from the MDS side). R...

Great looking pic... I have driven rams with and without MDS.. My work truck is an 04 QC LB 2500 RWD with no MDS.. and mine has MDS but I don't mind it at all.. I have a tuner so can turn it off when I go into performance tunes.. But I leave it on in fuel saver mode.. Because with 35" toyo M'Ts.. I like to save the fuel where I can:hah:

huntert 09-08-2013 11:20 PM

I can agree as this is my first truck and i need nothing more. The only thing i have to say to people is that i have the fastest vehicle at school with a low range transfer case. LOL the HEMI has made me a believer.

fastNugly @ BP 09-09-2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richmond (Post 1195222)

Wow...pretty sweet looking ram

richmond 09-09-2013 02:31 AM

Thanks all for feed back

1 Attachment(s)
I had an opportunity on this 05 and when doing home work I thought I'd give no MDS the first shot. However in subsequent research it appears the MDS fuel savings option are hardly noticed by most owners in terms of cylinders at speed. This one is for the wife to travel back & forth to see NC relatives and also move the remains of her antiques store inventory.

When I go it's with the diesel and a car hauler (auction site).

If she can get 17 mpg on cruise with the HEMI I'll be happy (no load).

I'm trying to talk her into Copperhead Pearl paint job (she's a no go there). R...

PS, I put 285/70/17 tires on her, so perfect for the ride and fill the fenders up.