DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   S&s or vararam (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=152496)

5hole 09-08-2013 06:49 PM

S&s or vararam

Im ready to buy one. My question is has anyone bought one and wish they got the other. Had any issues with either, etc? I'm leaning to the s&b but the vr looks killer.

Grubrunner 09-08-2013 07:00 PM

Both good units with seperate designs.

The board knows my way of leaning so my best advice is spend some time putting both names into the forum's search function and read the reviews, opinions, feedbacks and whatnot.

Then come to your ultimate conclusion.

You can start by reading the review in my signature.

Good luck.

5hole 09-08-2013 07:20 PM

Actually grub your review is what swayed me to the S&B, very thorough. I've been researching for a while and guys are raving about the vararam that's why I posted. Just want that last bit of input before pulling the trigger.

Kamanhart 09-08-2013 10:14 PM

i have the S&B currently on my truck and it previously had a Afe intake on it, and once i installed the S&B i swore i would never put anything else on it was a beast, but that is just my personal experience but i really love mine

Buellrider 09-08-2013 10:39 PM

I've seen and heard good about both. A few negatives on what the VR and claims... I dislike the looks of the VR without the engine cover from the side view.

Canadian Hemi Pride 09-09-2013 02:08 AM

I love my S&B and Grub's review was one of the reasons I chose it. The VR is cool, but it is only practical for on road use in my opinion. If you plan to do any offroading.. The S&B is a much better choice unless you customize the VR. S&B is the only choice for me from now on.

Zoso II osoZ 09-09-2013 02:25 AM

I'm yet another who was swayed by Grubrunner's review. And I'm glad I was. I love the S&B so far.

Alter Ego Trip 09-10-2013 07:23 PM

As others have mentioned; you can't go wrong with either. I wasn't very happy with the fit of the V on my 11, but it is much better on my 13. I also agree on the engine cover. I cut a hole in mine to allow for the breather and it looks much better. I also don't like the big hole left behind from removal of the factory airbox. I left mine in. :shy:

LawlessRam 09-11-2013 01:32 AM

Personal opinion is the S&B. I had a k&n before I got my s&b and by far the k&n sounded like it did more but I couldn't tell anymore than that. With the s&b I feel it pull better and it made my flowmaster 50 series come alive. Love it. Can't go wrong with either though I've heard good things about the V

Viper15 09-24-2013 06:42 PM

Ok I'm New to this. What is an S&B? Is it a type of cold air intake?