DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   MDS questions (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=152540)

Tony Munari 09-09-2013 08:54 AM

MDS questions

Is it just me but am I the only one who CAN NOT tell when MDS is active? Some people seem to know every second it kicks in and have an issue with it. To be honest I don't efen know if MDS is working or if it really even exists. How can I tell if or when it is active so I know when to complain about it?:4-dontknow:

DAA 09-09-2013 09:02 AM

I've only put a thousand miles on my truck but I've never noticed the MDS either. Not sure if it is happening and I just don't know, or if it just isn't happening.

Haven't ever seen the eco light either.

Maybe it's just the way I drive.

- DAA

gonefishin776 09-09-2013 09:05 AM

I didn't really notice mine on my 07 until I put aftermarket exhaust on. Then it was terribly obvious.

Depends how you drive I guess, atleast with the earlier trucks when you went to stand on it to pass someone, for example...there would be this lag in response if you were in MDS. I think just some trucks are smoother than others, and maybe it's been fine tuned some on the 13s. I guarantee if you ever put exhaust on your truck, you will hear when it kicks in.

I turned mine off ASAP, cant stand it. still got the same MPG as with it

Tony Munari 09-09-2013 09:06 AM

ECO light needs to be "turned on" in 8.4an. I don't believe it indicates MDS status just that your foot is not IN IT.

bsmith79 09-09-2013 09:32 AM

You guys have an "Eco" light? I have a 2013 Express. I wonder if I have an eco light?

Rusty289 09-09-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonefishin776 (Post 1195972)
I didn't really notice mine on my 07 until I put aftermarket exhaust on. Then it was terribly obvious.

Depends how you drive I guess, atleast with the earlier trucks when you went to stand on it to pass someone, for example...there would be this lag in response if you were in MDS. I think just some trucks are smoother than others, and maybe it's been fine tuned some on the 13s. I guarantee if you ever put exhaust on your truck, you will hear when it kicks in.

I did the same thing on an 06 that I had, driving home from installing my new flowmaster exhaust windows open so I can hear the hemi growl then it hits 4 cylinder mode. Blah! Sounded awful!

Almost threw up in my mouth a little bit! LOL

Vowed then to never screw with a factory exhaust again.

Breathing Borla 09-09-2013 11:52 AM

I just turn mine off if I don't want to deal with it.

just tap the gear select lock-out into 8th and it won't kick in.

Irv 09-09-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonefishin776 (Post 1195972)

How do you turn it on? I haven't noticed mine so maybe mine was never turned on?

gonefishin776 09-09-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irv (Post 1196121)
How do you turn it on? I haven't noticed mine so maybe mine was never turned on?

in my 07 I deactivated it with a tuner. In the newer trucks, as posted above. you can activate/deactivate the ECO light in the settings.

ECO light is not directly related to MDS. you can be driving "eco friendly" without MDS engaged.

Billacuda 09-09-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsmith79 (Post 1195988)
You guys have an "Eco" light? I have a 2013 Express. I wonder if I have an eco light?

You do. It just needs to be turned in on your EVIC as I had to do that in my Express. It will appear at the top of the information center when it's on. It's not actually a light, it's text.