DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2014 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=247)
-   -   Ram gas filler cap and neck (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=152597)

skytop 09-09-2013 10:42 PM

Ram gas filler cap and neck
 
I noticed that most every recently new car, truck and motorcycle now has the new evaporative emission (EVAP) easy fuel filler neck. There is no cap to screw off and back on.

However, my new Ram has the old fashioned conventional twist off-twist on fuel neck cap. How can Ram not be compliant? How is that possible? I thought the EVAP was mandated since 2012?

http://www.ford.com/ngbs-services/re...p_easyfuel.jpg

Yankee 09-09-2013 10:44 PM

damn good question.....used to be "trucks" were exempt..from alot of things....but not anymore....

Darwin00537 09-09-2013 11:03 PM

I blame Obama :LOL:

RogerRamJet 09-09-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darwin00537 (Post 1196537)
I blame Obama :LOL:

Come on now, Obama hasn't screwed up everything... Oh crap! Yeah he has... Wait, this just it... It's Bush's fault.

Darwin00537 09-09-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerRamJet (Post 1196539)
Come on now, Obama hasn't screwed up everything... Oh crap! Yeah he has... Wait, this just it... It's Bush's fault.

I voted for both of them, so maybe it's MY fault. :doh:

GTyankee 09-10-2013 04:14 AM

the diesels don't have the CAP
the gas tanks do

i guess that hoodlums & ex's don't put sugar in diesels
yeah right

spp 09-10-2013 07:25 AM

No-cap is a just a convenience factor. It isn't a requirement. All fuel systems are compliant, capped or not, with the EVAP regs.

crabjoe 09-10-2013 09:07 AM

I hate no cap!! Seems like a great idea, but on a truck that gets used around dust and dirt... I don't want it... But I'm stuck with it, since I'm getting a diesel.

BTW, lots of folks with the no cap, on the Cummins Ram, are reporting problems filling with it.

randomid25 09-10-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crabjoe (Post 1196723)
I hate no cap!! Seems like a great idea, but on a truck that gets used around dust and dirt... I don't want it... But I'm stuck with it, since I'm getting a diesel.

BTW, lots of folks with the no cap, on the Cummins Ram, are reporting problems filling with it.

Yep, me too. Did you see the thread on CF where they were cutting down fernco sewer plugs to fit over the easy fill? I'll be doing that one myself.

crabjoe 09-10-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randomid25 (Post 1196745)
Yep, me too. Did you see the thread on CF where they were cutting down fernco sewer plugs to fit over the easy fill? I'll be doing that one myself.

I plan on doing the same...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger