DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2014 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=247)
-   -   New to the forum and just ordered a 2014 1500 SportCrew Cab 6'4" Bed (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=152601)

cb1 09-10-2013 12:11 AM

New to the forum and just ordered a 2014 1500 SportCrew Cab 6'4" Bed

Silver, leather trimmed bucket seats, nav, 32 gal tank, sunroof, rear defroster, anti-spin, 3.92 rear, sport premium group, trailer brake control, remote start, class 4 hitch, convenience group, and par sense ft/rr.

Gonna have it Line-Xed and a cap of some sort.

Very excited. Had my factory ordered Dakota for 12 years before it was totaled... This is the replacement.

Thanks for all of the forum help on the rear slider and defrost questions and the rear axil questions.

Now the waiting begins... Should be a nice truck.

Darwin00537 09-10-2013 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cb1 (Post 1196545)
Silver, leather trimmed bucket seats, nav, 32 gal tank, sunroof, rear defroster, anti-spin, 3.92 rear, sport premium group, trailer brake control, remote start, class 4 hitch, convenience group, and par sense ft/rr.

Gonna have it Line-Xed and a cap of some sort.

Very excited. Had my factory ordered Dakota for 12 years before it was totaled... This is the replacement.

Thanks for all of the forum help on the rear slider and defrost questions and the rear axil questions.

Now the waiting begins... Should be a nice truck.

Nice truck! just curious, why are you going with the longer bed size?

cb1 09-10-2013 07:10 PM

I'm use to the longer bed coming from my Dakota (6' 5" bed). I used the capacity quite often.
The new truck is roughly 23" longer overall then my Dakota and about 8" wider. I'm hoping that it's not to drastic of a change for me.

cb1 09-14-2013 10:42 PM

So I ordered about a week ago. Typically how long does it take for the dealership to take delivery now a days?

G8toRam 09-15-2013 12:48 AM

That is going to be a nice truck!

I ordered mine on August 6th. My truck has been in the "inspection" status for a week now. I stopped by the dealer today and he told me I'd likely be driving it in another three weeks. If true then my rig will have taken about two months from order to driving.

I've been reading these threads and considered ordering for about the last six months. Yankee is right - there have been some nasty stories on here about long waits and folks getting all spun-up. When I ordered I told myself that as long as I had it by Thanksgiving I would be happy. That was a lie though. I want it right NOW.

RJWNY 09-15-2013 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darwin00537 (Post 1196580)
Nice truck! just curious, why are you going with the longer bed size?

I ordered mine with the longer bed as well....I figured...why not? it's a truck, should have as much cargo room as possible...I think it's like a $300 option

cb1 09-15-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJWNY (Post 1199946)
I ordered mine with the longer bed as well....I figured...why not? it's a truck, should have as much cargo room as possible...I think it's like a $300 option

That was my thinking. I know it is a different class then a mid sized truck. I am really looking forward to getting it! I'm not to worried about the wait. I figured it's worth it to get exactly what I want. I keep my vehicles for a long time...

Chunkem 09-16-2013 05:36 PM

Congrats on the new truck....Please post some pics when you get it.....Sound like a beautiful truck.....

cb1 09-16-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunkem (Post 1201155)
Congrats on the new truck....Please post some pics when you get it.....Sound like a beautiful truck.....

Will do. Hopefully in 6-8 weeks.

cb1 12-08-2013 01:04 PM

I have had the truck for almost 7 weeks now. This is probably the nicest vehicles I have purchased new. Fit and finish on everything looks really nice.
I have almost 3000 miles on it so far. Had the dealer change the oil at 2300 miles (not sure if this was necessary...). And this is the first RAM I have owned so the MDS was a little weird to get use to but love the gas mileage.
I do have an issue with the bed/cab alignment though. The cab and the bed are off by about an inch and a half. Not a big deal. I factory ordered my 2001 Dakota and it came from the factory with the bed installed crooked on the frame. This is a little worse as the auto body shop will need to remove the back seats and some carpet to get the bolts that hold the cab to the frame. At least it will be right. Dealer doesn't feel comfortable adjusting the cab. Just odd that the factory let it go with it being that far off.
Below is a picture of when I had the front windows tinted, clear bra and a new car wash and wax a few weeks ago. Since the picture I have a Line-x bed liner and a Snug Top Super Sport canopy installed.
I'll post more pictures later. I wanted to wash it today but it's been in the low teens here in Washington and everything is frozen solid...
So far I love this rig. Thanks for all the help that this forum has offered me in helping choosing various factory option when I ordered.

Here is a link to a larger picture: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3hu77yggv...1-15-13%29.jpg

http://www.ramforumz.com/picture.php...pictureid=8888