DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Public Safety (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Ran this job yesterday while working on my Ram (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=152621)

ff6cav 09-10-2013 09:53 AM

Ran this job yesterday while working on my Ram
 
I was working on my truck yesterday when we got hit out for this fire near Gettysburg:
http://billmclaughlin.smugmug.com/Fi...IMG_0037-L.jpg

The photog even got a shot of yours truly coming out:
http://billmclaughlin.smugmug.com/Fi...IMG_0114-L.jpg

The whole gallery is here:
http://billmclaughlin.smugmug.com/Fi...Fire/i-NkXNCqr

gonefishin776 09-10-2013 09:56 AM

cool shots man. thanks for sharing!

The Ram Man 01 09-10-2013 09:58 AM

Thanks for helping !!!!!!

RogerRamJet 09-10-2013 02:15 PM

Nice pics. All life preserved? How does the mutual aid work out up there?

ff6cav 09-10-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerRamJet (Post 1196900)
Nice pics. All life preserved? How does the mutual aid work out up there?

One occupant was taken to the hospital, not sure what for; 2 FF's injured as well. Most departments in the county run mutual aid on all box alarms and crashes, and everybody gets along pretty well for the most part

RogerRamJet 09-10-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ff6cav (Post 1196919)
One occupant was taken to the hospital, not sure what for; 2 FF's injured as well. Most departments in the county run mutual aid on all box alarms and crashes, and everybody gets along pretty well for the most part

Saw a couple pics showing one of the guys pretty exhausted. Heat stroke will bite you in the ass.
Good to hear everyone gets along. You almost have to because you depend on each other. One of the problems I ran in to back in the day was 3 different departments responding with 3 different types of fitting and hose. I'm guessing everything is standard with all your departments up there?

ff6cav 09-10-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerRamJet (Post 1196988)
Saw a couple pics showing one of the guys pretty exhausted. Heat stroke will bite you in the ass.
Good to hear everyone gets along. You almost have to because you depend on each other. One of the problems I ran in to back in the day was 3 different departments responding with 3 different types of fitting and hose. I'm guessing everything is standard with all your departments up there?

Gettysburg's hydrants have their own threads, but all of us close to them have adaptors for it; otherwise, pretty much everybody has Storz connections on their supply lines and NST on hydrants/other connections.

RogerRamJet 09-10-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ff6cav (Post 1197043)
Gettysburg's hydrants have their own threads, but all of us close to them have adaptors for it; otherwise, pretty much everybody has Storz connections on their supply lines and NST on hydrants/other connections.

OH, I love the Storz fitting. So quick and easy. Although they are usually ass backwards on most things, Europe did a good thing here.

Silvercreek 12-18-2013 02:40 PM

We have very little problem remembering and thanking our military folks for their service but those in law enforcement and firefighters seem to have a thankless job for some reason. I always make it a habit to thank the guys in the local services when I get a chance. A lot of them are way under paid for what they do.

Thanks guys!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger