DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   Sirrus radio drops signal all the time (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=152754)

rustysfan 09-11-2013 09:56 PM

Sirrus radio drops signal all the time

I have a 2013 Ram Crew cab and the touch screen radio w/o nav. Chrysler is telling me its Sirrus and not their radio. I have a portable unit in my work car and it works great!! anyone else having a problem?

dodgehemi0 09-11-2013 09:58 PM

Yes I do also, some times it is even in wide open area. I to have had a external radio and it has much better reception than any of the stock radios I have had.

reboot04 09-12-2013 01:16 AM

I have the same experience. Any obstruction whatsoever and it drops even if its for a split second. I have and have had Sirius on multiple vehicles over many years and this is the worst its ever been. My last car I had Sirius in for 6 years and only ever dropped if I actually stopped under a bridge for more than 10 or 15 seconds or so. Now its way more sensitive, like 1 second. Ive actually gone back to FM or use Pandora more often now because of it. Wont renew Sirius when trial is over. But hard to blame sirius for this one. Radio either has no buffer or antenna isnt so great

White392 09-12-2013 01:41 AM

Mine cuts out all the time. Never happened in other vehicles. Dealer said an update was available but they did not have it yet.

JsonR 09-12-2013 01:53 AM

I have not lost signal, but there seem to be some minor bugs in the firmware all around. Nothing particularly horrible, but I was making some changes between media and radio today and then the phone wouldn't connect. Had to restart the truck.

Rusty289 09-12-2013 08:45 AM

I do believe something has changed, maybe its got to do with Sirius and XM merging but noboday is owning up to anything. I have Sirius in my 2009 and it works awesome, always worked far better than any XM radio in vehicles of the same vintage. Not too long ago Sirius and XM merged to become Sirius XM, since then all of the equipment installed at the factory has changed I believe and the service is horrible always losing signal. I have a 2014 on order and have test driven a few 13s, I found the signal dropping in places I would never lose it at in my 2009. Hoping the 14 is better than the 13s I've tried, just have to wait and see I guess.

Tony Munari 09-12-2013 02:01 PM

I tend to think it's Sirrius and not the radio. I get better reception, inside an 8 story parking garage, that was only a pipe dream in a 2010 F150. Also Xm has better signals than Sirrius. I know they are the same company yet they still use different birds, hense Xm in GM Sirrius in Ram for example.

Brady.40 09-12-2013 03:34 PM

I traded an '11 in on this '13. It's night and day difference between the Sirius reception. The '11 hardly ever dropped out, the '13 reception drops out all the time. The only thing that changed was the vehicle. Hard to blame Sirius on that.

rambill 09-12-2013 03:35 PM

My Sirius radio has worked great. Only time I have lost the signal is when I pull into my garage.

NKRATZ 09-12-2013 03:53 PM

i have 013 and it drops singnal often. have an xm in my 08 and works fine never a drops singnal. not happy with radio