DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   I think there is something wrong with my truck (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=152877)

bradburyesqu 09-13-2013 05:39 PM

I think there is something wrong with my truck
 
I actually felt my truck shift today for the first time. I was going from a 55 zone to a 35 zone and I took my foot off the gas to let the speed cost down, and a felt a very subtle jerk as it down shifted. After three weeks of not being able to feel the transmission at all I almosted paniced.

Man I love this 8-speed transmission.

****Disclaimer: The title is tongue-in-cheek

Manic52001 09-13-2013 07:03 PM

Mine dose the same thing if I break harshly or if I slow down very slowly down hill I can feel it down shift. I am not worried coming from my f150 this thing is Luke silk its so smoother. Also you might be getting the gas think others have when the fuel tank is 3\4 full.

GTyankee 09-13-2013 07:14 PM

sometimes you will feel the transmission shift, IF you & at the same time the computer do something at the same time
this happens to my Ram quite often, i will have the Cruise Control on, set at 70 mph & i notice that the truck is slowing down below 70 when i start up a hill
i used to be a truck driver & i know when the speed & transmission are falling out of sync, so i press down on the skinny pedal a bit & that forces the transmission to shift down. When things happen in unison like that, you can almost feel the G-Forces changing, it is almost a neck snapper
:) i like it

ramcfl 09-13-2013 07:59 PM

I noticed the same thing. If your foot is totally off the pedal it will downshift, if you have your foot just pressing a little it wont do it.

fishin4ladyz 09-13-2013 09:59 PM

8 speed with my v6 is like that a lot. Sometimes its perfectly smooth the next you feel a lot of the shifts. Mostly downshifts are more noticeable. Sometimes when I first roll out in the morning the 1 to 2 shift is pretty abrupt with almost a clunk. 75% of the time the tranny is smooth as silk the other 25% feels more the the 545re I had.

rambill 09-13-2013 11:52 PM

My last truck was an 08 tundra 5.7L 6 spd and would downshift going down a hill I believed it to be down hill engine braking.

bradburyesqu 09-14-2013 03:17 AM

I'm not surprised it down shifted with my foot off the gas. I'm surprised I felt it. It was still a smooth shift compared to any other car I've driven. There was a moment of panic and then the realization of what was going on. More then anything else it made me realize how spoiled this truck is making me.

OldJoe 09-14-2013 10:26 AM

I think something is wrong with my brand new, shiny, black Ram 1500 with chrome body molding, too.
Everywhere I go people are staring at it.

JCC11 09-14-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradburyesqu (Post 1199033)
I actually felt my truck shift today for the first time. I was going from a 55 zone to a 35 zone and I took my foot off the gas to let the speed cost down, and a felt a very subtle jerk as it down shifted. After three weeks of not being able to feel the transmission at all I almosted paniced.

Man I love this 8-speed transmission.

****Disclaimer: The title is tongue-in-cheek


I think you are ok. You wanted to slow down so you quickly came off the peddle. The truck downshifted and you probably continued with your foot off the gas. Therefore you felt a combination of the downshift and the bit of engine compression braking (the engine slowing you down via compression by the now higher revving engine in the lower gear). All good, and meant to work that way. No worries.

Thunderhorse 09-14-2013 01:43 PM

I rode with my brother in his Jetta TDi the other day. It has the automated manual transmission. You wanna talk about feeling the shifts, it felt so weird and caught me off guard the first few times it shifted.

The Ram's 8 speed is super smooth, nothing else comes close.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger