DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   2013 bright sliver metallic paint mottling (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=152969)

Calped45 09-14-2013 07:24 PM

2013 bright sliver metallic paint mottling
 
https://picasaweb.google.com/m/viewe...32520131012641 Has any noticed paint mottling on standard cab express models?
I bought mine in may and started seeing stripes from top to bottom running the whole length of the truck. In the pictures its hard to see but in person it stands out bad.

Calped45 09-14-2013 07:26 PM

I guess the pictures did not load here is a link to the pictures https://picasaweb.google.com/m/viewe...32520131012641

ValleyRacer 09-15-2013 03:57 AM

Fix the link or UPLOAD tool
 
Try again on an IMG link or use the manage attachment tool. YOu may have to wait a minute or two for the uploads.

Calped45 09-16-2013 08:28 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Lets try this. Might be alittle hard to see. Look for the light and dark spots on the door and fender.

tguil 09-16-2013 08:51 PM

A known issue. See post #14. http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread....hlight=stripes

ValleyRacer 09-17-2013 05:18 AM

It's visible, somwhat bizarre
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calped45 (Post 1201335)
Lets try this. Might be alittle hard to see. Look for the light and dark spots on the door and fender.

Calped the images show the splotchy, streaky stuff. You know I think that silver metallic paint has an industry wide problem like this.

Have you tried waxing the truck - just out of curiosity to see if that helped?

OR are you going to have the dealership body shop repaint it?

Calped45 09-17-2013 10:21 PM

No. I'm a ICAR trained paint and body tech. The wax just intensified it. But I have traded that truck in on a bright silver quad cab. I did a 2 day demo and washed and waxed it before I did the deal. Its a world of difference with the new truck. There is a spot on the hood but I'm looking at putting a R/T hood on it so no big deal. The dealer kinda took care of me and got me in to my new truck and financed under sticker price. This past Friday. Now ram thinks all my trouble is only worth 6 oil changes over 4 years. What a joke. I can change my cheaper then it cost in gas to get to a ram dealership.

ValleyRacer 09-19-2013 02:55 AM

Sounds like all is well
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calped45 (Post 1202265)
No. I'm a ICAR trained paint and body tech. The wax just intensified it. But I have traded that truck in on a bright silver quad cab. I did a 2 day demo and washed and waxed it before I did the deal. Its a world of difference with the new truck. There is a spot on the hood but I'm looking at putting a R/T hood on it so no big deal. The dealer kinda took care of me and got me in to my new truck and financed under sticker price. This past Friday. Now ram thinks all my trouble is only worth 6 oil changes over 4 years. What a joke. I can change my cheaper then it cost in gas to get to a ram dealership.

Dealership oil changes never seem to be a sensible deal unless you have real trouble changing your own oil.

I can get my oil/filter drained, changed, refilled and dirty oil back into jugs in about 15 min.

Post photos of the new quad cab.

Calped45 09-20-2013 07:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This is my new QC Ram. I upgraded to the radio to ra2 radio from ra1. Had the chrome clad wheels removed and my wheels from the standard cab swapped with the new tires staying on the new truck..

05cr125r 09-20-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calped45 (Post 1204449)
This is my new QC Ram. I upgraded to the radio to ra2 radio from ra1. Had the chrome clad wheels removed and my wheels from the standard cab swapped with the new tires staying on the new truck..

nice looking truck dude :smileup:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger